cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A big welcome to our new Oracles!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

After careful consideration and listening to your feedback on who you thought would make a fantastic candidate, we would like to welcome four new members to our Oracle family: @mimmo, @stonechucker, @computergeek541, and @SD08. Congratulations to these Community experts! We are looking forward to having your continued support in the Community.

Want to get to know our new Oracle members better? Here are some fun facts. Plus, if you carefully check out their SIM characters, you may be able to learn even more about them.   

Mimmo_LPublicMobile_2019Oracle_5x7_noborder_mimmol (1).png

• Since joining in 2016, he’s gotten over 10,000 bravos - that’s a whole lotta digits! He’s also provided over 300 solutions - legendary!
  • Mimmo_L’s favourite pastimes are spending time with good company (his family) & even better food! He knows a good recipe or two because he loves to cook.
  • He’s a big fan of FC Barcelona - wonder who he thinks is the best player in the world? 😉

StonechuckerPublicMobile_2019Oracle_5x7_noborder_stonechucker (1).png

• Also a member since 2016, stonechucker’s posted over 4300 times and has nearly 6000 bravos - amazing stuff.
  • He’s a “self-taught techie of all things geek” and a lover of pasta, burgers, steak, and craft beer - if you need a hand from stonechucker, maybe try enticing him with some of his favourite foods!
  • He loves spending time in nature, including walking trails, cycling, and walking his adorable ‘jug’ (Pug X Jack Russell Terrier). Can you guess his favourite sport from his name?

Computergeek541PublicMobile_2019Oracle_5x7_noborder_computergeek541 (1).png

• Another member of the 2016 club - he’s contributed over 110 solutions has earned over 4200 bravos - impressive!
  • He loves staying up to date with the most recent tech - in his spare time, he enjoys watching Netflix and tinkering with different cell phones and computers.
  • He’s a big fan of the Blue Jays and Maple Leafs - Public Mobile fantasy league anyone?

SD08PublicMobile_2019Oracle_5x7_noborder_SD08 (1).png

• Not to be confused for SDO8, he’s amassed 200 solutions and over 4400 bravos - stellar!
  • SD08 is into stock trading and personal finance, and is also learning German on the side- das ist so cool!
  • He loves reading fantasy, dystopias, and thrillers - he’ll also destroy you in board games, puzzles, and Game of Thrones trivia so don’t even try it. Oddly, IKEA furniture is just like a giant hands-on puzzle for him. Need a new desk?

-Public Mobile Community team

96 REPLIES 96

What?!?!  Creamer?  Coffee s meant to be black.  No additions.

The beer chaser I can handle!

@srlawren wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

The coffee and snacks in the break room is a BIG perk as well.  Just never know what you will find behind that magic curtain lol

@ShawnC13 I hope they got some fresh creamer--every time I went to use the one from the free beer fridge, it was expired.  

Seems to be the only thing that stays in that fridge everything else runs out right after restocking

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 wrote:

The coffee and snacks in the break room is a BIG perk as well.  Just never know what you will find behind that magic curtain lol

@ShawnC13 I hope they got some fresh creamer--every time I went to use the one from the free beer fridge, it was expired.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@stonechucker wrote:

@pm-smayer97, yes i am.  I’m on a 90-day cycle, I get loyalty, referral, and autopay rewards also.  In all honesty, I will probably have more than 1/2 my renewal fee covered before my renewal date, and I don’t expect my rifts Oracle reward to be applied until my first 30-days have been completed.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@pm-smayer97, yes i am.  I’m on a 90-day cycle, I get loyalty, referral, and autopay rewards also.  In all honesty, I will probably have more than 1/2 my renewal fee covered before my renewal date, and I don’t expect my rifts Oracle reward to be applied until my first 30-days have been completed.

srlawren

@computergeek541 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

I have to say, it sure looks good seeing all those shiny new gold stars and "Oracle" tags as I catch up on this thread.  Very cool.

I wondering if perhaps the correct guessers deserve a community reward prize? 

@computergeek541 yeah PM should have run a "guess the next oracles by secret ballot" contest.  A bit late for that now--maybe for the next batch of coronation(s) Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

I have to say, it sure looks good seeing all those shiny new gold stars and "Oracle" tags as I catch up on this thread.  Very cool.

I wondering if perhaps the correct guessers deserve a community reward prize? 

srlawren

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Congrats , certainly they do deserve it

Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations to the new oracles ( @mimmo_L, @stonechucker, @computergeek541, and @SD08 ).  All great choices!

@GreatCanadian wrote:

Congratulations to all, but because @computergeek541 has been chosen as oracle, I must move on to Bell or Rogers or some other over priced provider. As much as I love Public Mobile, I just cannot bring myself to associate with a Leafs fan!! 

Seriously, congrats @computergeek541. Well deserved. Habs win and a Leafs loss last night so all is good!!

GC

Haha very funny, but thanks  🙂

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Congratulations to the new Oracles@mimmo_L, @stonechucker, @computergeek541, and @SD08. Thank you for the support to the community to get to this point and the support you will continue to provide now as Oracles.

@stonechucker wrote:

@Murco, already, my next renewal will be $36 off, and there are still community rewards to go before that happens!

Not sure I understand...doesn't being an oracle automatically grant you $20/mo for community rewards? Are you expecting more?

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Congratulations to all, but because @computergeek541 has been chosen as oracle, I must move on to Bell or Rogers or some other over priced provider. As much as I love Public Mobile, I just cannot bring myself to associate with a Leafs fan!! 

Seriously, congrats @computergeek541. Well deserved. Habs win and a Leafs loss last night so all is good!!

GC

@Murco, already, my next renewal will be $36 off, and there are still community rewards to go before that happens!

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Congrats Oracles. 

Hopefully you’ll all go above and beyond supporting PM inquiries and also help us all with personal situations as well. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Which one of ya can spot me twenty bucks for a 12 pack?

TMS

@Murco wrote:

Oracles should get there plans for free!

And everyone should be Oracles. 

Lol

Murco

@computergeek541   You guys earn it!  I sure telus could afford it! Lol

@Murco wrote:

I certainly wouldn't complain.

Murco

@Dunkman wrote:

Congradulations to the new oracles.  Great choices.  More oracles, the better...

Enjoy the weekend!

Telus, you can afford it.  Just give everyone the title and  $20 off!  😉  j/k

Congradulations to the new oracles.  Great choices.  More oracles, the better...

Enjoy the weekend!

@computergeek541

I vaguely remember it was always 1 in 4

But it was easy still because it was option of male single, female single, male plural, female plural

Or something like that

As if we couldn't tell how many there were

I also remember only 3 of the aliens really got any book time, one of them (Zoup?) is missing for like half the book!

(*edit which is also really disturbing  since its supposed to be a FAMILY; the mom dad & son all do everything but WHERE is the daughter!!!!)

@computergeek541 wrote:

Did your school make you listen to those cassettes with really bad pre-recorded music that told you to check the upper or lower box in the workbook?  As if getting the correct answer means that you've learned anything. You have a 50/50 chance, and just because I can figure out if a word is masculine or feminine doesn't mean that I know anything about the language!

@kav2001c wrote:

@computergeek541

Je suis un crayon

Ou et la bibliotec

Yeah ok I'm done

The only thing I remember about mandatory french class were the aliens

Zip Zap Zoup & Zop

Ah man gotta love the internet, I just googled and I am not the only one

People we are not alone in Ontario

Cat Wink

8SU2kDl

Did your school make you listen to those cassettes with really bad pre-recorded music that told you to check the upper or lower box in the workbook?  As if getting the correct answer means that you've learned anything. You have a 50/50 chance, and just because I can figure out if a word is masculine or feminine doesn't mean that I know anything about the language!

@SD08 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Wow, I am late to the party.  Congrats to @computergeek541, @mimmo, @SD08 and @stonechucker on making it into the oracle team.  There is always room around the big table for a few more chairs.  I look forward to working with the new team.  Kudos to those who didn't get selected this time; your contributions to this community is equally commendable.    

Thanks @will13am

The thanks are going your way tonight.  We are celebrating your achievement!  Hey did Alan mention that the initiation ritual involves the new oracles buying the pints and wings?  JK. 

That's probably just because out of the 4 of us, I think I've been posting the most today.

At least in the movies, they show the rookie of pro sports team being responsible to pay for dinner after the game.  The ironic thing is if it's the rookie's first time being called up, he probably can't afford the bill (yet). 

Expenses Payable, Oracle

• Initiation: spring for dinner
  • Resignation: membership dues payable to the Oracle Alumni Assoc.

Wow, the bills are already starting to pile up!  Could I just pretend I was never appointed? I've already browsed the Oracles' Archive and Martin's Corner, which is the real reason I joined.  Smiley LOL

Even if we quit today, we'll forever owe the union dues.

@computergeek541

Je suis un crayon

Ou et la bibliotec

Yeah ok I'm done

The only thing I remember about mandatory french class were the aliens

Zip Zap Zoup & Zop

Ah man gotta love the internet, I just googled and I am not the only one

People we are not alone in Ontario

Cat Wink

8SU2kDl

@computergeek541 wrote:

That's a lot better than me.  All I remember from mandatory French in grade school and high school is maybe some numbers and days of the week.  Growing up in Canada, if I were to turn of a tv show or movie that was being spoken in French, I might be able to figure out some of the conversation, but really I would be dependent on Google Translate.  And we all know that is far from perfect. 

SD08

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Wow, I am late to the party.  Congrats to @computergeek541, @mimmo, @SD08 and @stonechucker on making it into the oracle team.  There is always room around the big table for a few more chairs.  I look forward to working with the new team.  Kudos to those who didn't get selected this time; your contributions to this community is equally commendable.    

Thanks @will13am

The thanks are going your way tonight.  We are celebrating your achievement!  Hey did Alan mention that the initiation ritual involves the new oracles buying the pints and wings?  JK. 

That's probably just because out of the 4 of us, I think I've been posting the most today.

At least in the movies, they show the rookie of pro sports team being responsible to pay for dinner after the game.  The ironic thing is if it's the rookie's first time being called up, he probably can't afford the bill (yet). 

Expenses Payable, Oracle

• Initiation: spring for dinner
  • Resignation: membership dues payable to the Oracle Alumni Assoc.

Wow, the bills are already starting to pile up!  Could I just pretend I was never appointed? I've already browsed the Oracles' Archive and Martin's Corner, which is the real reason I joined.  Smiley LOL

@will13am wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Thanks @will13am

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Thanks @will13am

@will13am wrote:

Thanks @will13am

As for being late, Canada is big enough that you can blame it on a time zone difference (even if that has nothing to do with things).

Need Help? Let's chat.