cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A big welcome to our new Oracles!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

After careful consideration and listening to your feedback on who you thought would make a fantastic candidate, we would like to welcome four new members to our Oracle family: @mimmo, @stonechucker, @computergeek541, and @SD08. Congratulations to these Community experts! We are looking forward to having your continued support in the Community.

Want to get to know our new Oracle members better? Here are some fun facts. Plus, if you carefully check out their SIM characters, you may be able to learn even more about them.   

Mimmo_LPublicMobile_2019Oracle_5x7_noborder_mimmol (1).png

• Since joining in 2016, he’s gotten over 10,000 bravos - that’s a whole lotta digits! He’s also provided over 300 solutions - legendary!
  • Mimmo_L’s favourite pastimes are spending time with good company (his family) & even better food! He knows a good recipe or two because he loves to cook.
  • He’s a big fan of FC Barcelona - wonder who he thinks is the best player in the world? 😉

StonechuckerPublicMobile_2019Oracle_5x7_noborder_stonechucker (1).png

• Also a member since 2016, stonechucker’s posted over 4300 times and has nearly 6000 bravos - amazing stuff.
  • He’s a “self-taught techie of all things geek” and a lover of pasta, burgers, steak, and craft beer - if you need a hand from stonechucker, maybe try enticing him with some of his favourite foods!
  • He loves spending time in nature, including walking trails, cycling, and walking his adorable ‘jug’ (Pug X Jack Russell Terrier). Can you guess his favourite sport from his name?

Computergeek541PublicMobile_2019Oracle_5x7_noborder_computergeek541 (1).png

• Another member of the 2016 club - he’s contributed over 110 solutions has earned over 4200 bravos - impressive!
  • He loves staying up to date with the most recent tech - in his spare time, he enjoys watching Netflix and tinkering with different cell phones and computers.
  • He’s a big fan of the Blue Jays and Maple Leafs - Public Mobile fantasy league anyone?

SD08PublicMobile_2019Oracle_5x7_noborder_SD08 (1).png

• Not to be confused for SDO8, he’s amassed 200 solutions and over 4400 bravos - stellar!
  • SD08 is into stock trading and personal finance, and is also learning German on the side- das ist so cool!
  • He loves reading fantasy, dystopias, and thrillers - he’ll also destroy you in board games, puzzles, and Game of Thrones trivia so don’t even try it. Oddly, IKEA furniture is just like a giant hands-on puzzle for him. Need a new desk?

-Public Mobile Community team

96 REPLIES 96

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Wow, I am late to the party.  Congrats to @computergeek541, @mimmo, @SD08 and @stonechucker on making it into the oracle team.  There is always room around the big table for a few more chairs.  I look forward to working with the new team.  Kudos to those who didn't get selected this time; your contributions to this community is equally commendable.    

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Congratulations to the new Oracles! 

@mimmo@computergeek541@stonechucker@SD08

Great new additions.  I hope you enjoy being an Oracle as much as I did.  

Wishing you the best and I will see you around.  Smiley Very Happy

Carld123

@MoreYummy wrote:

Good to have more oracles.  Welcome abroad!   Smiley Happy

@MoreYummy

👍...😀

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Good to have more oracles.  Welcome abroad!   Smiley Happy

@stonechucker wrote:

@Lieux, thanks for asking, but sadly, my French is very weak.  I need to spend a lot more time in Quebec to get my understanding back.  I was going to write a thank you in the French forum, but I dint feel comfortable to do so.

That's a lot better than me.  All I remember from mandatory French in grade school and high school is maybe some numbers and days of the week.  Growing up in Canada, if I were to turn of a tv show or movie that was being spoken in French, I might be able to figure out some of the conversation, but really I would be dependent on Google Translate.  And we all know that is far from perfect. 

Carld123

@stonechucker wrote:

@Carld123, lol oops!  I meant do so.  I will need to edit that post.

To everyone, thank you so much for this recognition.  To my co-appointed Oracles, both new and current, and the OAA too, lots to try to keep up with.

I hope to be able to meet the expectations of everyone.

@stonechucker

I know....but if theres a chance for a pun or joke im taking it..😀

@Carld123, lol oops!  I meant do so.  I will need to edit that post.

To everyone, thank you so much for this recognition.  To my co-appointed Oracles, both new and current, and the OAA too, lots to try to keep up with.

I hope to be able to meet the expectations of everyone.

I have realised @ShawnC13 this week ...my first week in the English side... that’s the English side is very speed!!!!!! 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations you guys (gals ? 🙂 ) !

Wow drop two and add four.

Last year, the original plan was to actually have an extra one, but there was a last minute change.

Last year they replaced one with 2, as the community grows I guess it creates more spots available

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Lieux wrote:

@stonechucker Too bad.... for us...feel free to write in French.. with spelling error ...or not. I am French and try to write in English..with errors!!!!Man Tongue

I need to be spending some time over on the French side.  I just find that it is very slow.  I am not bilingual but I can use google translate!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Carld123

@Lieux wrote:

@stonechucker Too bad.... for us...feel free to write in French.. with spelling error ...or not. I am French and try to write in English..with errors!!!!Man Tongue

@Lieux

Translation errors can be fun!!😀😀

Carld123

@stonechucker wrote:

@Lieux, thanks for asking, but sadly, my French is very weak.  I need to spend a lot more time in Quebec to get my understanding back.  I was going to write a thank you in the French forum, but I dint feel comfortable to dose.

@stonechucker

Depending what you were going to "dose" them with...they may have welcomed it😀😀😀...lol...congrats.....

@Lieux, thanks for asking, but sadly, my French is very weak.  I need to spend a lot more time in Quebec to get my understanding back.  I was going to write a thank you in the French forum, but I dint feel comfortable to do so.

SD08

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Last year, the original plan was to actually have an extra one, but there was a last minute change.

Yeah, I tossed a spanner into the works.  Lol.  Smiley Tongue

@computergeek541

Yeah but if Alan didn't mention it I never would have connected those dots

Tinfoil hats working great for RF conspiracy nuts

@NDesai

You do know what Luddites reaction will be

Back to the stone age!

Anyways all jokes aside congrats to all

But Alan made it funny by accident Cat Embarassed

@kav2001c wrote:

@Alan_K

Cat LOL at the 2016 Club conspiracy

Man @NDesai you are the odd Oracle out now Cat LOL

It's a conpriacy focused around Fall Promo in an attempt to get us to switch to a more expensive plan. 

@kav2001c wrote:

@Alan_K

Don't worry, @Luddite is on my side Smiley Wink

Congrats guys, welcome aboard! 

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@Alan_K

@Lieux wrote:

Welcome the new oracles!!! Does any of you speak french???? For the french community!!!!Smiley Surprised

Unfortunately, I do not (I should have paid more attention in school).  Knowing multiple languages would definitely be a great asset.  I'm hoping that at least one of my fellow Oracles can speak/write in French.

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you to everyone for your kind words and support.  I'll try my best to keep active, and to continue to help as much as possible.  It was great to hear my username mentioned by other members when nominations were being made, and it's also is nice to receive the recognition from Public Mobile. 

Congratulations to Mimno_L, stonechucker, and SD08, and also a thank you to all past and present Oracles.

Dunkgirl

@mimmo@SD08@stonechucker@computergeek541nice work guys. Congratulations.

SD08

Congratulations to my fellow new Oracles @mimmo , @stonechucker and @computergeek541!

I appreciate Public Mobile's vote of confidence in giving me this opportunity and I hope I can meet expectations.  I owe a debt of thanks to all the helpful members, especially Oracles past and present, who shared their extensive knowledge with me.  I've learned much and continue to learn more from you all.

Thanks to the community for the warm welcome.  Smiley Happy

Carld123

@stonechucker 👍  

@computergeek541 👍

@SD08 👍

@mimmo 👎

Kidding @mimmo 👍👍

Congrats to all four...😀😀

VERY CONGRATS ALL!   😄

mimmo

Congrats to all. Hope to live up to the examples set by current and previous oracles.

@Lieux good question.  I am not sure of who of the current or new oracles are bilingual.

@Lieux wrote:

Welcome the new oracles!!! Does any of you speak french???? For the french community!!!!Smiley Surprised

Psygineer

Congratulations to all of the new Oracles, here is hoping for a good 2019.

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Need Help? Let's chat.