cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: A Letter from Dave: Looking back on 2019 and our 2020 goals

@NoOffenseBut 

Telus has three cell providers now and naturally they are going to target a different part of the market with each one. Since they didn't start Public Mobile but bought it later, there were some things that they changed to make it fit where they wanted it to fit. Since it is their company there isn't much that can be done about it. In the old days when everyone was in contracts and had bought phones that would only work on the company's network that you signed up with, I can understand customers being ticked at changes forced on them. But, we all own our phones and can be gone in 30 days (max) without losing a dime. Thus there isn't much to complain about IMHO.

AE_Collector

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@AE_Collector

It's a service industry so it revolves around dealing with customers - and revolving around endless customer complaints. People will complain about anything, especially when they think they could or they should get more. 

But "vote with your wallet" goes both ways. The phrase is basically an implied threat which makes consumers get cocky and feel empowered... but it's an empty threat because successful businesses are always happy to let certain customers take their wallets (and their bad business) elsewhere. 

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Regarding 3G and LTE, my phone will show 3G, 4G, or LTE, depending on the circumstances.  I don't know if it would show an LTE signal even though it's 3G speed.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@NoOffenseBut , the removal of the plan builder did remove full speed LTE but its main goal was that it increased the stability of the self-serve portal. 

This has oft been repeated but I question the truth or extent of this. I have never seen any problems or improvements before or after this change. And what does removal of LTE have to do with improving the portal? No that was purely a business decision.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@NoOffenseBut , the removal of the plan builder did remove full speed LTE but its main goal was that it increased the stability of the self-serve portal. 

This has oft been repeated but I question the truth or extent of this. I have never seen any problems or improvements before or after this change. And what does removal of LTE have to do with improving the portal? No that was purely a business decision.

It's all been discussed before. (And I happen to agree with your assessment.)

But the fact remains that PM removed the Plan Builder and have made it evident they don't intend to bring it back.

So now PM offers essentially the same Plans at essentially the same prices as their competitors. From the perspective of a customer this at least makes direct comparisons very easy. 

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Awesome! 

Keep it up and if I may request, the plans that included US roaming ($60) were a hit for friends and family. Would love to see those or versions of them at different price points coming back! 

VoLTE would be an nice added bonus too! 

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I forgot to say LTE+ also.  Please see accompanying screenshot of my lockscreen, showing Public Mobile as the carrier and LTE+ as the signal.

20191210_151309.jpg

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm new to PM but I just wanted to say I'm impressed by your honesty and integrity in this post! Thank you!

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Giving free sim card during these promos would make it easy to attract more customers

@Dave_M wrote:

Hey Community, 

As we enter the final month of the year (and decade!) I wanted to take the time to reflect on what a year it’s been. I also wanted to thank you all for another great year. Public Mobile could not be where it is today without you, our customers. 

We kicked off the year focused on your wishlist from 2018

• Faster Moderator response times
  • Improved ticketing process
  • Additional goodness from SIMon

Since last year, we’ve beefed up our Community support and brought response times down from days to minutes, getting you connected to Moderators faster. Our virtual assistant SIMon is also now better equipped to support you: SIMon has resolved 70% of all issues without needing a Moderator, and houses our new streamlined ticketing process, which helps you get better and faster support. All this progress wouldn’t be possible without you, our passionate Community. Thank you to those who have helped us identify these issues, test our systems, and provide feedback. While this progress is good, our journey is far from over. I encourage you to continue to provide feedback to help us build a better service for you.  

We recognize that you are at the heart of everything we do, which is why we’ve refocused our brand promise. Our new motto “we’re for you” isn’t just for looks, we want to make sure you’re at the center of our systems, promotions, and even campaigns. We’ve been putting that into action, from free data giveaways to our #PublicMobilePDA campaign, where we broadcast the things you love on billboards across Canada! 

But 2019 wasn’t all rosy. Earlier this year many of you experienced issues with your service because, frankly, our systems just weren’t good enough. In August, we made significant improvements to ensure that this didn’t happen again. Part of this required removing our Build Your Own Plan Calculator. This wasn’t an easy decision, and we know that many of you enjoyed the flexibility of the calculator. We’ve heard that feedback and are planning to introduce some enhancements to our plans in the coming year because of it. At the end of the day, having reliable service is just table stakes, and we want to make Public Mobile the best it can be for you. We have made improvements over the last year, but we’re not done yet. 

As we continue to focus on our customers and what you want, in 2020 we’re focusing on a wishlist of things you have asked for: 

• A simpler and mobile-friendly self serve experience
  • Promotions and programs that benefit you, our valued customers
  • Continuing to ensure that our systems are best-in-class and improving the experience you have when you need to get help 
  • An enhanced Community that is easier to use and more engaging 

As we work on this wishlist in the new year, we want to do so with more transparency. Our goal is to keep you more informed on the decisions we make and why we make them. 

But, before we kick of 2020, I want to take a moment to sincerely thank you for being a loyal Public Mobile customers and a valued member of the Community. Last year, we were #LessForLess, but now we’re for you.  As December is the season of giving, we wanted to show you (in addition to telling you) how much we appreciate all you do. Make sure to check back on the Community this coming Wednesday, December 4th for a special announcement about some free gifts coming your way. 

Sincerely, 

Dave

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TmainPMcommunit wrote:

Giving free sim card during these promos would make it easy to attract more customers

Not exactly the same but they can effectively get a free SIM because they get a $10 credit if they use a referral. Of course, if they do not, they don't get the credit.