cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: A Letter from Dave: Looking back on 2019 and our 2020 goals

@sheytoon wrote:

@Dave_M, please prioritize VoLTE launch on Public Mobile.

As you may or may not know, Bell and Telus are deploying new sites with LTE only. Your customers in these areas will see full bars on their phones, but will not be able to make any calls.

Is it the robellus strategy to monetize technology by witholding it which became the genesis for the tier 3 brands?  I can see the marketing department saying you want VoLTE, we have a different brand for that.  

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Withholding VoLTE is ok as long as there's equal 3G coverage available. This is no longer the case.

Imagine the marketing team going on the defensive if there's angry viral posts from customers who have full bars and can't make voice calls. I wonder if they've considered that possibility? 911 calls would actually fail in this scenario.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good to read the 2019/2020 Public Mobile Newsletter! it arrived on my One Yrar Anniversary with PM.

All indications have been that moderator times have been steadily improving. From our side we need to be certain that enough questions have been asked before instructing the customer to contact the moderators. 

I know that likely nothing can be done for competitive reasons but I would love to see some Stats...anything about customer numbers and company growth! 

Looking forward to the ride to Public Mobiles future. 

AE_Collector

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Love the transparency Public Mobile offers! Can't wait to see what special gift is in store for us on the 4th!

Oracle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Dave_M wrote:

Make sure to check back on the Community this coming Wednesday, December 4th for a special announcement about some free gifts coming your way. 

Let me take one wild guess:  a 12 days of Christmas giveway contest?  This really is a guess. I don't know anything about what's coming on Wednesday.

Last year it was only 5 days of giveaways due to budget considerations.

#LessForLess  #We'reForYou  Smiley Tongue

@SD08 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Dave_M wrote:

Make sure to check back on the Community this coming Wednesday, December 4th for a special announcement about some free gifts coming your way. 

Let me take one wild guess:  a 12 days of Christmas giveway contest?  This really is a guess. I don't know anything about what's coming on Wednesday.

Last year it was only 5 days of giveaways due to budget considerations.

#LessForLess  #We'reForYou  Smiley Tongue

Does that mean prices are going up or that customers are going to get more?

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Dave_M wrote:

Hey Community, 

As we enter the final month of the year (and decade!) ...

Sincerely, 

Dave

A bit of trivia for you:

I know most people think and speak as if a decade ends when the year rolls over to a year ending in '0' BUT in fact it technically does not.

Think about it... what is the reference year for the first year of our calendar? (hint: it is not '0' (zero)).

Smiley Wink

Part of me is very much wonderig if we're going to see the return of LTE. That would be a great mystery. Lol.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Dave_M wrote:

Hey Community, 

As we enter the final month of the year (and decade!) I wanted to take the time to reflect on what a year it’s been. I also wanted to thank you all for another great year. Public Mobile could not be where it is today without you, our customers. 

We kicked off the year focused on your wishlist from 2018

• Faster Moderator response times
  • Improved ticketing process
  • Additional goodness from SIMon

Since last year, we’ve beefed up our Community support and brought response times down from days to minutes, getting you connected to Moderators faster. ....

Sincerely, 

Dave

@Dave_M 

First I want to say that I have seen a significant improvement in response time, which is appreciated and welcome. That said, it is far from consistent. Why then do I still experience the following?

1. some response times that still take days
  2. worse yet, though all my tickets do get replies, some tickets simply do not get FOLLOW-UP replies
  3. I'm told that your system automatically closes tickets which do not receive a response fromt he customer after 24 hours, even for active issues. That is a problem when issues take more than that to resolve or due to timing or unavailability customers need extra time to an active issue.
  4. when more than one ticket is openly active, only the latest one continues to be maintained but earlier ones simply stop (on top of #2 above)?
  5. since ticket system process still depends on the private messaging from this forum, a BIG limitation is that PM cannot maintain threading of conversations from your end, so replies back from PM are not necessarily tied back to the original because your system supposedly only picks up the last subject line submitted by a customer (that is what I have been repeatedly told by mods and managers and it is what I experience). This makes it hugely difficult to track multiple open issues.

I do hope these issues are on your radar to address.

Oracle

@sheytoon wrote:

Withholding VoLTE is ok as long as there's equal 3G coverage available. This is no longer the case.

Imagine the marketing team going on the defensive if there's angry viral posts from customers who have full bars and can't make voice calls. I wonder if they've considered that possibility? 911 calls would actually fail in this scenario.

Totally agree with what you are saying.  I am against the withholding of technology as a profit center.  It is technology that makes the cost of service delivery more efficient and cost effective.  To this end, customers should share in the outcome.  My guess is the marketing guys are too busy wheelbarrowing in the profits to stop and look at the disaster ahead.  Obviously the collision course can be avoided.  Will it be done by force or by planning?  My guess is the former based on what I have seen so far.  Take a look at how many homes are still on DSL delivered through decade old copper lines that were buried in the ground generations ago.  I have friends in the GTA who can't get more than 10 mbit throughput on DSL.  Monopoly market situations do not punish inaction unfortunately.