cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: A Letter From Dave: Reflecting on our journey together + Introducing our 5 Days of Giving!

@Dave_M, this year my best deal so far has been 2 Intel 512GB solid state drives (with 5 years warranty and endurance of 288 terabytes written) I got for effectively $64.99 each from Newegg.ca with promo codes and free shipping on Black Friday. The price have increased somewhat since but still a great deal for $89.99 now for those still interested.

On the other hand, my best ever "Holiday" deal was probably an assortment of ties I bought from Amazon a couple of years ago (perhaps not exactly a holiday deal since it was late in the winter season as I remember). Initially, it was just a on-the-spur purchase because the ties were so cheap (less than $2 each if I recall well) and bought about 20-30 different kinds (color/design/type). I was almost sure that they would turn out to be cheap tiny toy ties of some sort but it was cheap enough to try and have fun or simply return them if it was a disaster. However, I was absolutely flabbergasted by the quality of these "cheap" ties once I received them. Although, they were all made in China, I was quite suspiciously impressed with their workmanship, the quality of the fabric, hems and noticeable hand stitching even the grosgrain creating the subdued moiré effect was decent if not excellent. I checked back to see if I could buy some more but the prices were increased to around $30 each. Now they aren't even being sold anymore, rather the amazon store doesn't exist anymore. Was it just dumb luck on a awesome deal or price error I'm not sure.

Although these ties are still holding strong without showing wear or any permanent crinkle, I have not yet been given the unfortunate opportunity to have them put through the washing machine test. I fear that they may finally reveal their "cheap-ness" then. Nevertheless, they remain a amazing deal that I can keep on enjoying for a few more years hopefully.

Oracle

Re: A Letter From Dave: Reflecting on our journey together + Introducing our 5 Days of Giving!

@Dave_M@  wrote:

With that said, we’re going to be holding a contest everyday from December 10 to 14 to get your holidays off to a great start! Each day, we’ll be announcing 5 winners. Make sure you come back on Dec 10th and check back every day next week!

Contest:

Day 1 of 5

At Public Mobile, we love great deals- that’s why we got rid of all the bells and whistles to save our customers money. We know our customers are really good at finding ways to save money too. For a chance to win 1 of 5 one-time $50 Public Mobile account credits, share with us the best holiday deal you’ve ever gotten! Entrants must be an existing Public Mobile customer; please read Contest Rules for more details.

@Alan_K

Just to clarify, since there are effectively 5 separate contests on 5 separate days, for a total of 25 prizes (5x5) given out, winning on Day 1 does not disqualify someone from participating and also winning on Days 2, 3, 4 and 5, correct?

If it were up to me, I think it should be limited to one win per person for the entire 5 days, to spread the holiday cheer to as many members as possible.  Otherwise, we could end up with a situation where one member has multiple wins, while other members who participated just as much in this contest week get no wins.

i recently took advantage of the waves cyber monday deal ($29 plugins plus buy 2 get 1 free) to get 6 professional audio plugins for a grand total of $150 CAD.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The Best Holiday Deal I have gotten was season passes for Discovery Harbour & Sainte-Marie among the Hurons. They are good from purchase date until the end of 2019.

My best holiday deal is not having to spend hundreds of dollars a month on cell phone bills like I did before with other providers. I have now switched three users in my household to Public Mobile and we never looked back. You guys rock!!!

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Day 1 of 5

@Dave_M wrote:

Contest:

Day 1 of 5

At Public Mobile, we love great deals- that’s why we got rid of all the bells and whistles to save our customers money. We know our customers are really good at finding ways to save money too. For a chance to win 1 of 5 one-time $50 Public Mobile account credits, share with us the best holiday deal you’ve ever gotten! Entrants must be an existing Public Mobile customer; please read Contest Rules for more details.

Best Christmas gift for me was way back as a child and we got a 19" COLOUR TV. Unreal. Yes - it was some time ago.

got an asus zenfone 3 zoom at costco for $279. This is a lot of phone for that price.

Best Holiday Deal...

I think my best Holiday Deal was finding 200$ cash stuck to the wet pavement in front of Dufferin Mall one Christmas when I had ZERO dollars to my name. I went right back into the mall and bought winter boots with soaked money! 

Thanks everybody,

Danny

Re: Day 1 of 5 Submission : My best holiday deal

It was definitely the switch to Public Mobile for me. Switched everyone in my family and got the Black Friday deal Smiley Happy

On the weekend my wife who is now pregnant with our 2nd found a $250 maternity winter jacket for 95% off (down filled and water proof with the extenders that can be used during and post pregnancy)

It was on sale, with bonus extra sale % off and another bonus for clearance and finally a scratch card saving 

even the cashier was shocked!

cant even get a zipper for $13

Tags (1)