cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$5 Next Day SIM Card Delivery

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey – if you’re just visiting the Community and not yet a Public Mobile customer, now’s a great time to order a SIM card. 

For a limited time, you can get next day SIM card delivery for only $5!

It’s just until the end of February so you better do it soon.

And if you’re already a Public Mobile customer, make sure you tell your friends!

33 REPLIES 33

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ilickporcupineswrote:

Hey, that's just something I "know". There's no source.

@Ilickporcupines what is?!?!  You just replied to a thread that's been inactive 23 months and isn't even relevant any more (SIM cards now cost $10, for example).  Also, you gave us zero context to what you just "know".  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Ilickporcupines
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, that's just something I "know". There's no source.

kutzki
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You guys should make this a permanent ting. 

mtm

that because it's wrong

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/details.page?article=how_long_does_it_tak&cattype=kb&cat=receivi...

The day it's dropped in the mail is not included

mtm

and yes you would include referal phone number when activating SIM

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @tommyp,

I'm really sorry to hear that you were having trouble with receiving your SIM card 😞 

May I ask you when was the SIM card order made online? Also you stated that the problem didn't stop only there? Can you please let me know if there is anything, that I can help you with? You can also contact me via private message.

Thanks,

Shazia.

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

tommyp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Unfortunately after paying for this so called next day express service, which I paid for around 9:15 AM long before the noon hour cut off. I had to wait over 48 hours to receive my sim card.  Troubles don't stop there, which I am not happy about as this is my 4th account being setup with Public Mobile.

ryanluttrell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
@PublicEcho that's exactly it, whenever they have received their SIM card and are registering themselves, there will be a space for them to say if they were referred or not and that is where they would enter your information so that you can get credit for it

Duckman
Wow, no love for Canada Post. The $5 fee for next day delivery is simply an option for people willing to pay. I myself would have paid it because I ordered on a Wednesday and got my Sim likely delivered on the Monday but went out of town for business. For me the $5 would have been worth it because I would have been home to get the Sim from the mail box on the Thursday or Friday. I also consider the fee cheap in comparison to having to pay more than $5 for a Sim with another provider.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

signed,

Canada Post Hater, Esq.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi 778,

Do you think, even for an iota of a second, that Canada Post is going to print, "We guarantee XXXX, but we rarely meet it."?

I think not!

LOL with 778!

@Martin As you state, the approximate guideline printed on Canada Post mailboxes is not a guarantee, and is usually not adhered to anyway. Do you think that's an important distinction to make?

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi 778,

I'm certain the porcupine's reference to a guarantee is what is printed on mailboxes and Canada Post's cost-of-postage brochures.

In the 1990s, I lived in a town 75 miles east of Toronto. It routinely took 4 business days for mail to travel from that city. 😞 😞

FYI.

Thanks for the response, @Martin. I'm still eager to know what guarantee @Ilickporcupines is referring to.

As you state, here in Vancouver, I don't think I've ever received mail from Toronto (both presumably major centres) within 3 business days.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi 778,

On Canada Post mailboxes, it's written that mail between major centres within the same province takes 2 days to be delivered, and 3 days between major centres if in different provinces. I believe that the preceding delivery times are either 95 or 98 times out of a 100, according to a Canada Post communiqué that I read years ago.

Unfortunately, it seems that, though I'm in a major centre in Ontario, the 95% or 98% never applies to me. Mail from Toronto always takes 3 days.

It's best to regard Canada Post's stats as ideal.

Cheers.

@Ilickporcupines wrote:

Cda post guarantees letter mail in cda within 2 business days.

Hi @Ilickporcupines,

Could you please share the source of this information? I usually never receive mail within 2 business days - even when the sender is in a different part of the same province that I'm in. Mail from Toronto usually takes about a week to arrive here in Vancouver.

Ilickporcupines

When I ordered mine it was free (roughly twould weeks ago). I just chose the slowest delivery option available. Had it within 48hr. It comes in a regular envelope via cdapost. Cda post guarantees letter mail in cda within 2 business days. So the slowest possible part would be PM having a chance to post the letter.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @PublicEcho,

The free SIM cards are not a promo. That's their regular price: $0.00. If you've never ordered a SIM card, you will be required to create a MyShopify account during the process. Upon ordering a card, you will immediately receive 2 emails: one acknowledges that you created an account, and the other that you ordered a SIM card. On the next business day, or, at the latest, the day after, an email will be sent, stating that your order was shipped. Three to seven business days will then elapse before your card is delivered by a Canada Post letter carrier.

Cheers.

PublicEcho
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@7789849803 wrote:

@PublicEcho Sorry if this is stating the obvious, but if you're not in a hurry, you can actually "buy" SIM cards from PM at absolutely no charge and have them send it to you by regular Canada Post. The $5 promotion applies only for next day shipping (which usually costs $20).

Really?!! 

Thanks for the info! 

What an interesting promotion they are doing.... 

@PublicEcho Sorry if this is stating the obvious, but if you're not in a hurry, you can actually "buy" SIM cards from PM at absolutely no charge and have them send it to you by regular Canada Post. The $5 promotion applies only for next day shipping (which usually costs $20).

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

You're quite welcome.

Cheers!

PublicEcho

I'll have a nice chat with my family members about this. 

I wish I knew about Public Mobile months ago... 
Thank you.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

In the wireless industry, much can happen in 1 or 2 years.

If the refer-a-friend program still exists, the family member signing up would provide your phone number so that you would be able to receive the credit each month.

FYI.

PublicEcho

Oh I plan to keep it somewhere safe. 

How will I be able to participate in the "refer a friend promotion" you are having when they are finally able to join Public Mobile? 

Would they enter my Public Mobile number as they activate the account?

Thanks for helping me out!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

Yes, they would able to use SIM cards bought now, but used 1 or 2 years down the road.

Ensure that the SIM cards are kept in pristine condition, away from needless handling.

Cheers.

PublicEcho

I am not sure when they will be done with their current contract... 

If they buy the sim card now can they use it in 1 or 2 years later?

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

The $5 is usually $20 when not on promotion.

If other family members are planning to become customers, they have until the end of this month to avail themselves of the $5 promo.

FYI.

PublicEcho

Is it usually more than $5?

I am thinking of joining Public Mobile soon.

I may even get all my family members to join if I know how things work here at Public Mobile.

Thanks

terrilin

This is great, and it's triple-punched, how convienent is that! Imagine if you're with other carrier, always need to buy a new size when changing a device. Or cut it yourself ... 😄

Need Help? Let's chat.