cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: $40 Plan Update

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Catherine_T, it is great to see that this is going back to the plan.  My question is why do customers have to go in and change plan isn't PM able to just change this for the customer?  There are many customers that don't come into the community and will not know about this and will miss out on this. (Or is that part of the plan?)

I can see the value in offering this, but PM lets us change the plans whenever we like. So I think it's not too much to ask the customer to do a little due diligence. It's a simple matter of checking our Self Serve accounts to see what's on offer. 

And in terms of missing these announcements: people can sign up for deal alerts right from the PM website.

mh1983_0-1605619195514.png

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@mh1983 

When is the last time you got a deal alert? I havent recieved anything since the pandemic started from the deal alerts sign up......although i have previously suggested pm start using it again ir get rid if it. Right now its false hope for potential new customers.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Nice to see a little extra data! 

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jor123 wrote:

Nice to see a little extra data! 

I don't see this as extra data. This is a restoration of the amount of the data that this plan had for a long time. For a very brief time, Public Mobile lowered the amount of data.  A short time later, Public Mobile put it back to 5GB, probably at least partially beecause Lucky kept their $40 plan at 5GB too.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

Well at least Public is still keeping pace with Lucky, lol.

And all else being more or less equal, Public's Rewards (and maybe gifts) still keep it ahead.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Korth wrote:

@computergeek541 

Well at least Public is still keeping pace with Lucky, lol.

And all else being more or less equal, Public's Rewards (and maybe gifts) still keep it ahead.

I do wonder how many of Public Mobile's customers are actively trying to get largely discount plans through rewards. In a way, I would think that number would be rather low as I can't see the majority of customers being active here on a daily basis and pushing for new referrals. Then again, I see the rewards as one of the few reasons for customers to currently join Public Mobile. Public Mobile really lost something when they got rid of LTE plans.  If wasn't for the rewards, who would actually choose Public over Lucky?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

Most of my referrals collect AutoPay, some have Loyalty now, a few have one or two referrals of their own. "Rewards" doesn't sound like much of an exciting incentive, but knocking $ off monthly bill and $$ off annual costs is enough to tip the balance.

Throw in the lack of fees and charges for all the little stuff and PM actually seems much more compelling than Lucky for all sorts of usage niches.

One advantage Lucky does have is a wider array of long-distance calling destinations. Lucky customers can call Ukraine or Belarus or Latvia. So I have friends who stay with Lucky, who won't join PM regardless of any Rewards they might earn.

I agree that PM is earning a dubious distinction by being the only major operator left which refuses to support any LTE or "unlimited" data options.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

If wasn't for the rewards, who would actually choose Public over Lucky?

Me. As I recently wrote in the lounge...the add-ons mostly tip me to here. The base plan plus add-ons. Keep my cost obligation low and consume features as I need. Even with the $10 plan gone for new customers. So now it's equal price with Lucky and Chatr. PM wins.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

If wasn't for the rewards, who would actually choose Public over Lucky?

Me. As I recently wrote in the lounge...the add-ons mostly tip me to here. The base plan plus add-ons. Keep my cost obligation low and consume features as I need. Even with the $10 plan gone for new customers. So now it's equal price with Lucky and Chatr. PM wins.

Me too.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been on the $40 plan with 5GB with autopay for years. This is a bit strange!

Need Help? Let's chat.