cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: $40 Plan Update

@cnberg wrote:

If I upgrade to this new plan with 500 extra megabytes, do I lose my previous plan add-ons? I had received a 500 MB holiday bonus when I signed up with public mobile initially. Thank you!

You won't lose add-ons when changing plans.

Rosguru
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi Community, 

Am I understanding it that if someone is on the $40 plan, they now have to go back into their account and select "change plan" to select the new and improved $40 plan to become eligible to get the extra 500gb ?   

Please advise.

Thanks

Tags (5)
popping
Oracle

@Rosguru wrote:

Hi Community, 

Am I understanding it that if someone is on the $40 plan, they now have to go back into their account and select "change plan" to select the new and improved $40 plan to become eligible to get the extra 500gb ?   

Please advise.

Thanks

Yes, you need to schedule plan change to the new $40 5GB plan on your next renewal date.  Don't change plan immediately because PM is prepaid service and there is no refund of the unused days of your current cycle.

@Rosguru wrote:

Hi Community, 

Please advise.

Thanks

Your understanding is correct.  This isn't an plan that has an "update". You need to consider this as a new plan and as such, need to change to it.

rajnag123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That’s a great offer!!

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

I'm glad the old 40 plan is back:)

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Dear Lord

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

To keep all the $40 plans clear (hopefully), here is a summary  ...

$40 Plan VERSION 1 - $40 plan with 4.5 Gb and a 500 Mb AutoPay Bonus existed for at least a couple of years up until about September 29, 2020.

$40 Plan Version 2 - $40 plan with 4.0 Gb and a 500 Mb AutoPay Bonus from about Sept 29, 2020 until Nov 10, 2020.

$40 Plan Version 3 - $40 plan with 4.0 Gb and a 500 Mb Bonus and a 500 Mb AutoPay Bonus November 11, 2020 until present.

I dont think there is ultimately any difference between VERSION 1 and VERSION 3 except for the wording... is there? I guess the extra 500 Mb bonus may disappear from VERSION 3 again but not if you are already on that plan. 

Anyone on VERSION 2 SHOULD schedule a change to VERSION 3. But I’m not sure if there is anything to gain in changing from VERSION 1 to VERSION 3. If you are on VERSION 3 you wont lose the 500 Mb bonus if they remove it in the future for new customers. But I see no reason to update from VERSION 1 to VERSION 3. I see people asking here if they need to schedule an update to the New Plan (VERSION 3) but they generally aren’t indicating if they are currently on VERSION 1 or VERSION 2 of the plan. YES if on VERSION 2 but it was only offered for about 6 weeks so how many are actually on it?

Thoughts?....

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

To keep all the $40 plans clear (hopefully), here is a summary  ...

$40 Plan VERSION 1 - $40 plan with 4.5 Gb and a 500 Mb AutoPay Bonus existed for at least a couple of years up until about September 29, 2020.

$40 Plan Version 2 - $40 plan with 4.0 Gb and a 500 Mb AutoPay Bonus from about Sept 29, 2020 until Nov 10, 2020.

$40 Plan Version 3 - $40 plan with 4.0 Gb and a 500 Mb Bonus and a 500 Mb AutoPay Bonus November 11, 2020 until present.

I dont think there is ultimately any difference between VERSION 1 and VERSION 3 except for the wording... is there? I guess the extra 500 Mb bonus may disappear from VERSION 3 again but not if you are already on that plan. 

The "Version 3" plan isn't advertised in that way. it's advertised as 4.5GB +500MB. I would say that it very likely has an identical plan code to "Version 1".  When looking at the plan history at the $40 price point, it has not always included those data amoutns for the past couple of years. At one point last year, the data amount was cut in half.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

Now that you mention that other change in the $40 plan last year I think I may recall that as well. I recall the big change where they chopped out the $35 and $45 plans leaving just the $25, $40 & $50 plans, I think that was fairly early in 2019. When I signed up in Dec 2018 I started on the $30 plan that had 1/2 Gb with NO 500 Mb bonus for Autopay. Only the larger plans included that. Then they cut the price of the $30 plan to $25 and very soon after added the 500 Mb Autopay bonus on this plan. I sort of wish I had more closely recorded all the changes over my two years here! The slow but steady improvements in price and/or the amount of included data leave me hopefully of more improvements to come!

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.