cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: 3 years of incredible accomplishments, thanks to YOU!

@Manawrote:

At least it's an attempt of something positive during negative time. 

Don't kill the messenger. 

@Mana agreed!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
ShawnC13
Oracle

@srlawrenwrote:

@Manawrote:

At least it's an attempt of something positive during negative time. 

Don't kill the messenger. 

@Mana agreed!

Totally agree with both posts.  Amazing how people can get.  PM has saved my family  over $1000 in my time here.  If it has run its course that is life and the next decision has to be made.  PM was a true innovator for it's customer service model in Canadian Telecommunication but with no competition the Big 3 came to a decision that it was bad for business for PM to continue with it's great promo's.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the Chat bubble in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I agree with the last few positive posts. 🙂

PM rescued me from Freedom and prevented me from having to spend a lot (a LOT) more with the other brands.

I was pretty unhappy as well at the time with "that" decision but have since felt that the powers that be have gone to great lengths to provide an alternative with Koodo. In the end it is what it is.

And I have to stress that EVERY interaction I've had with the @CS_Agent has been completely pleasant. I imagine they've faced a lot of angry messages from us lately and have been the true definition of "grace under fire". Best of luck to them! 🙂

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Check out the stats how many more people got the 3YR badge vs the older 2YR badge

Lots more activity on the boards

kchow91
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Spoiler

Should come out with another 12gb/$120 dollar promo to celebrate Smiley Very Happy

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am surprised that there's so many more active in the community at 3year anniversary than the 2nd. (3yr = 42360 & 2yr 20659). Maybe some joined after the price increase announcement.

I too echo that I have enjoyed & appreciate Public Mobile & still do.

We saved plenty since the move from Rogers where those temporary credits kept expiring or having to update plan for phone discounts etc.

I have moved one account over to Koodo & been impressed with customer service so far.

My wife is remaining at the moment.  In part as my ability to send referrals is generating an error message which hopefully will be corrected in time for any PM rushing over at the last minute that need a referral.

Despite all the encouragement to migrate (i.e. these offers) I'm still tempted to keep one plan here but maybe $100 + $100 in referral credits plus wifes migration $100 credit are enough to sway the vote. I kind of think they want to make PM a bit more basic something like Lucky/ CHatr - maybe with zones or such. 

Oh & almost forgot my shiny new badge...

3 year anniversary.JPG

bbdata
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13amwrote:

Folks, to be fair, this celabratory post is intended for the broader Public Mobile customer base.  Only those of us on the $120/12 gig/90 day were mistreated.  If anyone feels this is not for you, move on.  To that end, I will refrain from raining on the picnic.  The unaffected customer base can have a slice of e-cake.  Enjoy, it is calorie free! 

While I agree that the overall negative sentiment of this thread does not do the spirit of the original post any justice. I disagree with your statement that what occured does not affect the broader customer base.

The actions that occured shows everyone that PM was not afraid to make ultimatums and offer no geniune appology or insight in retrospect. Something the broader customer base should be at least mindful of, even if they are content.

will13am
Oracle

@bbdatawrote:

@will13amwrote:

Folks, to be fair, this celabratory post is intended for the broader Public Mobile customer base.  Only those of us on the $120/12 gig/90 day were mistreated.  If anyone feels this is not for you, move on.  To that end, I will refrain from raining on the picnic.  The unaffected customer base can have a slice of e-cake.  Enjoy, it is calorie free! 

While I agree that the overall negative sentiment of this thread does not do the spirit of the original post any justice. I disagree with your statement that what occured does not affect the broader customer base.

The actions that occured shows everyone that PM was not afraid to make ultimatums and offer no geniune appology or insight in retrospect. Something the broader customer base should be at least mindful of, even if they are content.

I respect this perspective in that what transpired is a warning to those not affected that next time, it could be you.  Be that as it may, it is quite evident that only a fairly narrow segment of the customer base does not fit in with the future aspirations of this service.  Out of an abundance of caution, I suppose everybody can feel equally threatened.  Taking this approach, one could say that the unaffected segment may even be worse off as they were not offered any migration options. 

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thank you for your brave post amid the current climate @Brooke_C! I am happy to celebrate 3 years with PM - lots to be happy about, and some things to be frustrated about.

Thank you to all the mods who have supported the development of a vibrant community and excellent online customer service. It is an interesting time for Public Mobile, to say the least, and I do feel privileged to have found PM when I did - saving significant amounts of money and having the opportunity to participate in a great community.

At the same time, what makes this community strong is the willingness of its most dedicated members to challenge and critique the company when necessary. The latest mess is a great example of community members speaking out about corporate decisions that are negatively affecting some customers (and could lead to worse for the rest of us in the future).

None of this frustration negates the great value PM has provided over the past 3 years, instead it is an example of how committed the PM community has become towards supporting a great experiment in mobile service - which to Telus' credit, they took a big risk when they acquired PM. It appears that Telus is questioning the economic viability of PM in its current state, but only time will tell the future of PM...

For those of us still enjoying awesome service, I hope to see many more anniversaries!

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The highlights they want to share are small and difficult to read from their picture.

Need Help? Let's chat.