cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: $10 ready-made plan staying for a limited time only

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of October 7, 2019: This plan is now expired.

Update as of September 24, 2019: This offer will expire on October 6th, 11:59 PM ET 2019.

Update: Due to popular demand, the $10 ready-made plan will be available for a limited time starting July 16.

FAQ

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

Past Updates

Spoiler

Hey Community,

As of July 15th 2019, 11:59 PM ET, the following price plan is being expired:

• $10 Ready-Made plan

If you’re interested in taking advantage of this ready-made plan while it’s still available, learn how you can set up a future-dated plan change on your next renewal date by clicking here. By doing so before July 16, your plan will automatically change to the plan that you choose on your next cycle. 

To check out our other plans, go to publicmobile.ca/plans

Have some questions about this change? Check out our FAQs or post below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

My current plan is one that’s set to expire. Is any action required from me?

If you would like to continue on your current plan, no change is required.

I currently have this plan. If I switch to another plan, can I switch back?

You can switch back to this plan up to July 16th. After that, these plans will no longer be available.

249 REPLIES 249

@SD08 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

Hey @Alan_K , why is this back in Announcements? New termination date coming? 

I didn't think that it went anywhere. Was this thread hidden before?

It had disappeared from the featured announcements on the community homepage for a while, but now it's back on the homepage.

My guess is, since Lucky and Chatr have removed their $10 plans, PM is looking to remove theirs as well, i.e. the previously indefinite "limited time" will soon have an actual expiry date. 

So predictable.  Just look at the competition and add some time. 

@popping wrote:

I usually activate a $10 50/50 plan, couple months ahead of switching from another provider, to build up referrals during PM promos.  

That's very nice way of doing it @popping 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I usually activate a $10 50/50 plan, couple months ahead of switching from another provider, to build up referrals during PM promos.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kselmak wrote:

@smp99 wrote:

With the $15 plan offering so much more for just an extra $5, I don't think anyone who is not currently on the $10 plan will be too upset that they won't be able to get on it in the future if PM does decide to remove it.   

Lots of people are very disappointed with the loss of such plan. If you gonna be spending couple of months away you would have to downgrade to 15 instead of 10. 

Agreed. I have no interest in spending more per month (yeah yeah 30 days) just because. But I get grandfathered until such time as they might fully remove it and force me to make different choices.

Even still...anyone can pause the account for 89 days if they're going to be away for a couple months and still keep the plan. No need to downgrade. If you think you might be away for more than 90 days then you have something to think about. Like renewing for a term to then start the 90 days again.

@smp99 wrote:

With the $15 plan offering so much more for just an extra $5, I don't think anyone who is not currently on the $10 plan will be too upset that they won't be able to get on it in the future if PM does decide to remove it.   

Lots of people are very disappointed with the loss of such plan. If you gonna be spending couple of months away you would have to downgrade to 15 instead of 10. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Poogzley wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CalgaryBen wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

why is this back in Announcements? New termination date coming? 

Interesting... looks like Public is the only one with a $10 plan at the moment.  Seems Lucky and Chatr have pulled their $10 plan, and plans all start at $15 now.

HA! Competitive edge! And people say this place doesn't lead 🙂

@Anonymous technically Public Mobile is not currently leading, they created this plan in response to the competition back when the other carriers had similar options. Now they are just lagging behind when it comes to hiking up the prices, that being said it would be nice if it sticks around for a while longer.

You did see the smiley right? 🙂

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous wrote:

@CalgaryBen wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

Interesting... looks like Public is the only one with a $10 plan at the moment.  Seems Lucky and Chatr have pulled their $10 plan, and plans all start at $15 now.

@Anonymous technically Public Mobile is not currently leading, they created this plan in response to the competition back when the other carriers had similar options. Now they are just lagging behind when it comes to hiking up the prices, that being said it would be nice if it sticks around for a while longer.

smp99

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

It had disappeared from the featured announcements on the community homepage for a while, but now it's back on the homepage.

My guess is, since Lucky and Chatr have removed their $10 plans, PM is looking to remove theirs as well, i.e. the previously indefinite "limited time" will soon have an actual expiry date. 

@Luddite wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CalgaryBen wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@Anonymous 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CalgaryBen wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

CalgaryBen

@Luddite wrote:

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@saeliux wrote:

I thought the $5 / 500min was going to disappear from selfserve so I bought an extra addon. I've been duped lol

Good this mystery is resolved. 

Well you're the one that brought it up that it wasn't there! 🙂

I was on my mobile and didn't see it either. I checked in self-serve and there it was and I also bought another one. Then I got home and there it was on the desktop browser.

Oh well.

saeliux
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I thought the $5 / 500min was going to disappear from selfserve so I bought an extra addon. I've been duped lol

Good this mystery is resolved. 

@Master2001 wrote:

@saeliux  a écrit :

The 500 canada min for $5 just disappeared from the PM website.

Since the introduction of $5/500 minutes I have never seen it on the PHONE version PM web site only if I choose COMPUTER version.

Same here, I only see it on my desktop and not my phone.

Master2001

@Master2001  a écrit :

@saeliux  a écrit :

Since the introduction of $5/500 minutes I have never seen it on the PHONE version PM web site only if I choose COMPUTER version.

-> When on my phone, Chrome, options check "Desktop site", I see $5/500 minutes Add-Ons.

@Master2001 wrote:

@saeliux  a écrit :

This means that there are multiple versions of the webpage.
Which are likely as follows:
- English desktop
- English mobile
- French desktop
- French mobile

Some pages were updated. Others were not. Feel free to notify Moderators, they can fix it.

It just seems to be a display issue.

As long as people can access all the Add-ons from Self-Serve, it's working.

@Master2001 wrote:

@saeliux  a écrit :

Very strange...

I double-checked and I get ALL the add-on options on the computer IF I am on the plans page of PM but on Android/Chrome I only see the 200 min/$8 add-on. Also, if I go to self-serve I also only see the 200mins/$8 add-on. No 500min and no 400mins. 

EDIT: Correction -- I see ALL add-on if I go into self-service, whether via computer OR phone.

Strange indeed.

Master2001

@saeliux  a écrit :

-> When on my phone, Chrome, options check "Desktop site", I see $5/500 minutes Add-Ons.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

I just checked the plans link at the top of the page, you need to scroll way down, and open a grouping for the addons, but it’s still listed there, and in self serve.

Where are folks not seeing it?

I'm still seeing it just fine on FF and Chrome and Safari in the Add-ons section, so no issues here.

Me too - just checked a few seconds ago.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/10for50talk50text

@stonechucker wrote:

I just checked the plans link at the top of the page, you need to scroll way down, and open a grouping for the addons, but it’s still listed there, and in self serve.

Where are folks not seeing it?

I'm still seeing it just fine on FF and Chrome and Safari in the Add-ons section, so no issues here.

@YVR wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@funpig wrote:

@saeliux wrote:

Was that also a limited sale?

The $5 500 minute add-on is still on the website and available in my account.

I didn't see it on the add-on list but it is in the self-serve...so I bought another one...in case it is being dropped.

Is there a way to keep your number and $10 plan for a little bit and then restart it.  For example if you are going out to town for a month?  Does your plan still have to be a current plan to go back to it?

Yes, you can place your plan on hold and preserve your plan. You can get FULL details on how to manage this here:

When and How to Suspend or Place an account on Hold (Extended absence, etc)

@YVR wrote:

The $10 plan details have this listed

Calls to voicemail will deduct from in-plan minutes.

Is this referring to calling from you cell phone to check voicemail will deduct from the 50minutes? 

YES... You can avoid this cost by accessing your voicemail from a landline. The easiest is to call your cell # then press # when you start to hear your message. Then follow the prompts. No charge for doing it this way.

@YVR wrote:

What happens when someone calls you and leaves a message.  Does that use up your minutes if you check it from another phone? 

NO. No usage of minutes for either. 

What sometimes confuses people is that your call usage log WILL show the amount of time used when someone leaves a message BUT this does NOT use up YOUR plan minutes.

Jonavin

@saeliux wrote:

The self serve still shows the $5 for 500min. But the regular PM website has dropped it.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

I am in Ontario. Not sure if that makes a difference. 

The option to add it is still there when you go to buy AddOns.

saeliux

Screenshot_20190816-080334.png

This is bizarre. I am on Chrome in the moto g7. Ontario

Still see it on my browser under Plans

Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 5.00.12 AM.png

saeliux

The self serve still shows the $5 for 500min. But the regular PM website has dropped it.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

I am in Ontario. Not sure if that makes a difference. 

Latest Safari on latest iOS on iPadAir 3

Need Help? Let's chat.