cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: $10 ready-made plan staying for a limited time only

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of October 7, 2019: This plan is now expired.

Update as of September 24, 2019: This offer will expire on October 6th, 11:59 PM ET 2019.

Update: Due to popular demand, the $10 ready-made plan will be available for a limited time starting July 16.

FAQ

Question

Answer

How long will this plan be in market?

This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice. Please refer to Public Mobile’s Service Terms. Please note that the promotion will not be honoured after it has ended. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, are in-transit and not yet activated.

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

Past Updates

Spoiler

Hey Community,

As of July 15th 2019, 11:59 PM ET, the following price plan is being expired:

• $10 Ready-Made plan

If you’re interested in taking advantage of this ready-made plan while it’s still available, learn how you can set up a future-dated plan change on your next renewal date by clicking here. By doing so before July 16, your plan will automatically change to the plan that you choose on your next cycle. 

To check out our other plans, go to publicmobile.ca/plans

Have some questions about this change? Check out our FAQs or post below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

My current plan is one that’s set to expire. Is any action required from me?

If you would like to continue on your current plan, no change is required.

I currently have this plan. If I switch to another plan, can I switch back?

You can switch back to this plan up to July 16th. After that, these plans will no longer be available.

249 REPLIES 249

@XionBunny wrote:

That change of heart is a pleasent surprise 🙂

Not a change of heart, it is a business decision. If this plan is along line of the things Public Mobile wants to offer and competition also has it, plan might stay.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That change of heart is a pleasent surprise 🙂

willowtears
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activated! Anyway, it’s good news for those who need that plan.

@Alan_K, your team is way behind the times.  Public Mobile used to be different.  Let’s bring back that mentality, and rock the socks off the tier carriers.  The company did it before, let’s do it again.

No more competitive responses, that’s being a follower.  Let’s get something mind blowing.  New and old customers want something grand!

@SD08 wrote:

EDIT: The original announcement was updated (Jul.15 @ 5:34pm ET) to indicate that the $10 plan will be continue to be available for a limited time from July 16th due to popular demand.

That is good news.

@CS_Agent  @Alan_K  PLEASE do not make this a limited time offer.

Public Mobile, if wanted our opinion about whether to keep this plan, you could have just asked.  😉

This plan doesn't fit my usage, but I won't complain about customers having choice.

@SD08 wrote:

@Amida wrote:

My service is currently paused/suspended as I haven't been using my phone, but once I reactivate my current $10 plan, will I still be able to use it as a grandfathered plan?

Thanks 🙂

@Amida 

Actually, since you said "reactivate your current $10 plan", you are already grandfathered on this $10 plan as long as you don't make any changes, even if it's currently expired. To be sure, you can check your current plan listed under "Plan & Add-ons" in self-serve. If it's there like you say, that means you don't have to reactivate it immediately if you don't need it right away. (Rest assured, PM will not randomly change your account to a new plan just because the $10 plan will not be offered after July 15 to new customers.)  Accounts can stay in expired/suspended status for up to 90 days after expiration of the last paid period, then the entire account would be deleted and the plan and phone number would be lost. As long as you reactivate it before the 90 days is up, you will be able to keep this plan going forward.  If you would like to leave it suspended for a while, you need to be sure of when that 90 days ends, and give yourself some safety margin against losing your plan and phone number. When you're ready to reactivate, top up your account to match the plan cost and it will usually activate.  If it doesn't, then click the reactivate button.

BTW, if you choose to re-activate a suspended account yourself, which can be done via self-serve, note that this is unfortunately a 3-step process, which is not obvious. 

1. go to [Plan and Add-ons] tab then the [Lost/Stolen Phone] tab then click the (Resume Service) button.

2. Now go to [Overview] tab and click the (Re-activate Current Plan) button

3. You will now be required to add funds to your account, even if you have sufficient funds (fi you have plenty of funds in the account, you can simply add $1, otherwise add the amount needed to cover the cost of the plan).

Note: if you have AutoPay enabled, there is a bug in the system that will not auto-renew, so you have to add funds to force it to renew.

If you do not follow these steps, you will find that you will not be able to complete the re-activation process.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Amida wrote:

My service is currently paused/suspended as I haven't been using my phone, but once I reactivate my current $10 plan, will I still be able to use it as a grandfathered plan?

Thanks 🙂

@Amida 

Actually, since you said "reactivate your current $10 plan", you are already grandfathered on this $10 plan as long as you don't make any changes, even if it's currently expired. To be sure, you can check your current plan listed under "Plan & Add-ons" in self-serve. If it's there like you say, that means you don't have to reactivate it immediately if you don't need it right away. (Rest assured, PM will not randomly change your account to a new plan just because the $10 plan will not be offered after July 15 to new customers.)  Accounts can stay in expired/suspended status for up to 90 days after expiration of the last paid period, then the entire account would be deleted and the plan and phone number would be lost. As long as you reactivate it before the 90 days is up, you will be able to keep this plan going forward.  If you would like to leave it suspended for a while, you need to be sure of when that 90 days ends, and give yourself some safety margin against losing your plan and phone number. When you're ready to reactivate, top up your account to match the plan cost and it will usually activate.  If it doesn't, then click the reactivate button.

EDIT: The original announcement was updated (Jul.15 @ 5:34pm ET) to indicate that the $10 plan will be continue to be available for a limited time from July 16th due to popular demand.

@Amida wrote:

Thanks 🙂

Actually, as long as you re-activate your plan before your account expires, your plan is preserved. 

@AmidaAs long as you activate the plan before 12:00AM tomorrow.. I don't see why not.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

That is the bad news, since a lot of elder people using the phone not quite often, and a lot of people going out for vacation and would like to switch to the lowest plan.

Amida
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks 🙂

kishore1955

That's great..

Thanks

@Anonymous wrote:

@pm-smayer97@SD08 

I agree with SD08 about general day terms like tonight/tomorrow. I was just goofin' on your use of tonight when my timestamp on your post looked like 10 pm. I try to be conscious of the 4.5 hours across this country. And then knowing that this place runs on ET.

Just goofin' around that's all.

Oh ok. I was not quite sure if that's what it was, so I decided to reply just in case.

@SD08 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@popping wrote:

Please read the OP carefully. 

Although the title says the $10 50/50 plan will be expired on July 16, but you have only until tomorrow July 15th 2019, 11:59 PM ET, 9.59PM MT, 8:59 PT to activate your plan or schedule plan change.  

In other words, if you are new and just got a new PM SIM or if you are already with PM but in either case you do not have this $10 plan, you have until midnight tonight to activate this plan or switch to it. 

For new customers, you simply select the plan as part of the registration process. For existing customers, you have to log into Self-Serve and choose to change the plan. You can either have the plan take effect immediately (where you lose the balance on your previous plan) or you choose to switch to this plan the next time your phone renews; all part of the plan change process in self-serve. Just log in and click the (Change Plan) button on the (Overview tab (main default page) then select this $10 plan, then choose when to activate it. 

Did you wait until 1am ET to post this? 🙂

Monday Jul 15 11:59pm ET

??? I replied just a little over 3 hours after that post. And there are still just over 21 1/2 hours left to take advantage of this offer.

@pm-smayer97  @Anonymous 

As I reported here, there is currently a glitch whereby messages posted between 12am to 3am ET are datestamped with the previous day's date, but the timestamp is still correct.  However, messages still appear in the exact order they are posted, whether you are looking at the topic itself, the Latest Posts section, or Latest Topics section.  This issue has been ongoing since at least late April, and David J. had replied that there was no ETA then on a solution from Lithium.   For now, when referring to an expiration, it's probably better to use an absolute reference (e.g. specific date) rather than a relative reference (e.g. tonight/tomorrow), at least when posting between the hours of 12am-3am ET.

Ah ok... I noticed that a couple of times but was not sure what to make of it. Thx.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pm-smayer97@SD08 

I agree with SD08 about general day terms like tonight/tomorrow. I was just goofin' on your use of tonight when my timestamp on your post looked like 10 pm. I try to be conscious of the 4.5 hours across this country. And then knowing that this place runs on ET.

Just goofin' around that's all.

@sohailsayani wrote:

I have an existing SIM with this plan so I know I am safe. My question is after 16th July , if I choose to port in another number from outside PM) will I be asked to reselect a plan, or will it continue with my $10 plan?

You can change your phone number without affecting your plan.

Btw new customers will no longer be able to select the $10 plan after end of day July 15 (11:59pm ET).

sohailsayani

I have an existing SIM with this plan so I know I am safe. My question is after 16th July , if I choose to port in another number from outside PM) will I be asked to reselect a plan, or will it continue with my $10 plan?

SD08

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@popping wrote:

Although the title says the $10 50/50 plan will be expired on July 16, but you have only until tomorrow July 15th 2019, 11:59 PM ET, 9.59PM MT, 8:59 PT to activate your plan or schedule plan change.  

In other words, if you are new and just got a new PM SIM or if you are already with PM but in either case you do not have this $10 plan, you have until midnight tonight to activate this plan or switch to it. 

For new customers, you simply select the plan as part of the registration process. For existing customers, you have to log into Self-Serve and choose to change the plan. You can either have the plan take effect immediately (where you lose the balance on your previous plan) or you choose to switch to this plan the next time your phone renews; all part of the plan change process in self-serve. Just log in and click the (Change Plan) button on the (Overview tab (main default page) then select this $10 plan, then choose when to activate it. 

??? I replied just a little over 3 hours after that post. And there are still just over 21 1/2 hours left to take advantage of this offer.

@pm-smayer97  @Anonymous 

As I reported here, there is currently a glitch whereby messages posted between 12am to 3am ET are datestamped with the previous day's date, but the timestamp is still correct.  However, messages still appear in the exact order they are posted, whether you are looking at the topic itself, the Latest Posts section, or Latest Topics section.  This issue has been ongoing since at least late April, and David J. had replied that there was no ETA then on a solution from Lithium.   For now, when referring to an expiration, it's probably better to use an absolute reference (e.g. specific date) rather than a relative reference (e.g. tonight/tomorrow), at least when posting between the hours of 12am-3am ET.

@Anonymous wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@popping wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@popping wrote:

@popping wrote:

popping

@2493599588  hi what is it you don't understand?

what is that?

I don't really understand how to use it. 

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks for the heads up. This was a great plan. Please consider adding these limited use plans again in the future.

@ppatel14 wrote:

I just switched from speakout. 100mb data addon costs $10 on top of top-ups, the $15 plan with PM with autopay gives 250mb free plus network is on telus/bell coverage as suppose to rogers, which not as good in rural areas. 

Pm is better

Unlimited incoming

More than double the data

Much cheaper per minute (1c after you go over,a opposed to 25c or even more per minute)

Did I mention Canadian minutes and no roaming charges outside of your area, 711 would charge 35 long distance or roaming charges on top of the regular 25/min charge)

And better connection

All that for 5 extra on base and absolute no other charges if you keep under 100

You are a winner definitely

Welcome to pm:)

Edit I hope you noticed 500 mins for 5 addon that pairs great with that plan. The minutes never expire as long as your account exists

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Too bad PM has decided to do away with this plan.  As others have said, this really was a convenient plan for anyone who only uses their phone occasionally and being able to add on extra minutes/data made it that much better. 

Additionally, it was ideal for family/guests visiting for short stays which allowed them a cheap alternative for them to have access to minutes/texts when outside of wifi enabled apps.

Definitely sorry to see this one being phased out.

ppatel14

I just switched from speakout. 100mb data addon costs $10 on top of top-ups, the $15 plan with PM with autopay gives 250mb free plus network is on telus/bell coverage as suppose to rogers, which not as good in rural areas. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GinYVR wrote:
@Bell3Lucky?

With no ability to add data. No thanks.

Need Help? Let's chat.