cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free whatsapp global roaming

Mixam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just read about how KnowRoaming is offering free whatsapp calls and texts roaming when out of your home country. I just bought two of the sim cards, though you can apparently get a sticker that goes over your sim card. Saw it on RFD and in an Engadget article.

Anyway the premise is this, you get free data roaming (for whatsapp calls and texts only) for no cost aside from the initial sim card purchase. If you want any other data or calls or whatever you can pay for per use or daily unlimited usage for data. I travel to Brazil a lot and I don't actually think I'll ever need any data other than for whatsapp so I can stay connected with people. (Virtually everyone in Brazil uses whatsapp)

Has anyone tried knowroaming before? Any alternatives out there that you know of? The only other ones I know of you have to pay some yearly fee to get the unlimited whatsapp usage usually $10-20 per month.

Only catch as far as I can tell is that your phone has to be unlocked, but honestly if you're on PM, you phone probably is unlocked...

Just seems like a good solution to the lack of global roaming Public Mobile has. Just stick the sticker on your sim card and when you leave Canada you can at least get ahold of people when out and about.

0 REPLIES 0
Need Help? Let's chat.