cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming options different in self-serve

BCITMike
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

*sigh* 

I migrated from Koodo to Public Mobile on the 12GB/3month plan in November. I've had ZERO issues with Koodo in several years of service.  

So far, I have just run into multiple issues that I should never have ran into.  Is this going to be a regular occurance? I'm really surprised a service that relies on self service with no customer service is this half baked. I'm just flabergasted.

First, it was account showing suspended. Then it was payments not appearing as added to the account. These problems prevented adding US roaming add on purchases, requiring contacting mods on this site and making multiple posts/messages to get help in almost 24 hours.

Today, I encounter another new issue. I go to purchase another US roaming option of the talk, text and data bundle for $20. The option that was present just 10 days ago is no longer available to purchase from the online self serve account. Only bundle available is talk and text for $15. Also, pricing is different and higher than the advertised prices listed on the Public Mobile site for at least the 1GB data addon ($30 vs $20).  Luckily, I was able to purchase the talk, text and data bundle from the 1-855 number. I better not find out I was charged more than $20, since the phone system doesn't mention the price.

Screenshot from 2017-01-06 23-59-06.png

Given how l didn't have to talk to a Koodo customer service rep EVER, I didn't think I'd be having so much issues moving to Public Mobile.  I figured a system intended to handle all self-service would be well tested and operated and provide all the options a proper service provider would provide. I gave up a $48/5GB monthly plan for this and already regretting it.

What gives?   'Ain't nobody got time for this'.

31 REPLIES 31

jimm

I was trying to add us roaming onto my plan and the only options i had was talk and data.....the option for text and the option for us roaming bundle were not available.... i dont understand why?? I am on the 120 dollar 12 gig 3 month promo plan.
I have had numerous problems with my account in the past, could someone see why the text and us roaming bundle options are non existant when i try to go and buy them.....they use to be there the first time i purchased them, but thats when all my issues started with public mobile. going to states tomorow and pissed that i cant get bundle.

EltonB
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Hello boys,

No worries, I'm out of this forum, my phone working or not. Cant bear to read all this posts with complains that are unreal and should not exist!

EltonB
+1

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
No but it's my hobby 🙂

jaswest2754
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Could everyone please stop we don't need keyboard warriors here. This forum doesn't need to be the next Facebook. If someone wants to be difficult all we need to do is ignore not like it's our job to respond.

srlawren

@EltonB I wasn't threatening you, I was trying to point out that the mods are actually quite professional and will help out someone like you even though I wouldn't personally.  Don't worry, you won't hear any more from me.  I do wish you a speedy resolution, despite the fact that you think I'm mentally challenged and I apparently disgust you.  I can live with that.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockdaddy22
I love minions, I guess that's why I fit in here 🙂

EltonB
Hi @srlawren,

Your post is retard*d and it shows how retard*d you are. And your post proves what is wrong with this company, when a minion like you make idle threats haha. Just sad! No excuse for any company to keep minions like you. As per my ticket, dont worry, I can survive even if they send me in the end of the que. We pride ourselves to live in a free country and sadly, people like you disgust me. Just look at the post that never end about silly glitches that should not even be there. Low cost or not, this type of service in unacceptable, and minions like you who make idle threats are just that: minions. Lol

srlawren

You're lucky the moderators are more caring than I am, because you would have just gone right to the bottom of my priority pile in my queue of requests if I were one of them, @EltonB.  I wish you good luck in getting a speedy resolution.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockdaddy22
Keep multiplying lol Problems have been getting less and less everyday.

EltonB
Hi Rockdaddy22,

It's definitely a joke. Just look at the posts that never end and keep multuplying. It's shameful, but because Canada has no competition, they get away with it. And it's no excuse!

Rockdaddy22
I just reread it, he even called me a joke, so what do you expect @EltonB

Rockdaddy22
Glad you could help Elton 🙂 When people bad mouth the company I love, they shouldn't expect anything different. It's definitely not a joke of a company 😞

EltonB
Hi @Rockdaddy22,

Stop being a ret*rd and if you cant help the guy, stop posting.

Rockdaddy22
Ok, I'd come back here around 9am tomorrow. Hopefully they can fix you up then. This is a terrible bug, I assure you, they're working hard to squash it.

Rockdaddy22
You can definitely port out just before your next renewal. I'd give PM a chance to make it right. This company is just learning to walk, of course they have along way to go.

harveyg
I have tried to contact mods but no help no service in US

harveyg
Only because I paid good money and can't get a refund.

Rockdaddy22
@harveyg I'm assuming you has a US addon. I'll tag a mod @Shazia_K one of them should be able to help you in the morning.

Rockdaddy22
Why are you here? Maybe this company isn't for you. Hopefully I'm wrong, maybe you're just upset.

harveyg
Having similar problems and no service no help. What a joke of a company and what a joke that some people keep propping it up.

Rockdaddy22
I hope so too. Bugs are definitely my biggest concern. I'm happy they've fixed a couple bug ines lately.

Tup

Now that the massive influx of subs and issues associated with the fall promotion are getting put to rest, hopefully they can clean up some of these other issues. 

srlawren

I'm glad to hear that, @BCITMike.  Also, sorry about the rocky start with PM.  I sincerely hope things go more smoothly for you from here.  

BCITMike
Mary fixed me up, thanks.

srlawren

@Mary_M I know @Rockdaddy22 already tagged you, but it looks like @BCITMike may be affected by the US Roaming bug.  Could you please have a look?

Rockdaddy22
Did I say it was constructive? You said you regretted being with PM, I said you're free to leave.

Here's something constructive, I'll tag @Mary_M for you, she should be able to help you. You could also send her a private message with all the details of you choose. She's one of the best, try and be patient.

BCITMike
So the latest bugs.

I get two texts yesterday saying my US roaming is expiring tomorrow and to get more addon from self-serve.

I login to self serve, and see I used 143MB of the 1GB from the plan purchased 10 days ago. I can't purchase the talk, text and data bundle, so I "successfully" order it over the phone after midnight and the $20 is immediately deducted. Great.

I get a text not more than 8 hours later saying I used 95% of my plan. WTF?!?

I login to my account and it shows 23MB of usage and no US roaming addon.

Best case, an expired or about to expire sends out the 95% used message instead of specifying the exact time it expires. So that's bug number one. The other bug is not showing my phone purchased US addon in my account.

My phone is still showing I'm roaming and I don't know if I'll lose it sometime today, because Shazia had to fix it sometime in the morning/afternoon about 10/11 days ago to get it working in the first place.

My phone shows 36MB of cell data used in the last 24 hours. That's nowhere near reaching 95% for 1GB or even 250MB.

Can a mod look into this? I have to get to work and can't spend lots of time dealing with this.

BCITMike
How is that a constructive reply? What a **bleep** reply. Feel free to keep your unhelpful comments to yourself.

Rockdaddy22
Anybody is free to port out anytime
Need Help? Let's chat.