cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming options different in self-serve

BCITMike
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

*sigh* 

I migrated from Koodo to Public Mobile on the 12GB/3month plan in November. I've had ZERO issues with Koodo in several years of service.  

So far, I have just run into multiple issues that I should never have ran into.  Is this going to be a regular occurance? I'm really surprised a service that relies on self service with no customer service is this half baked. I'm just flabergasted.

First, it was account showing suspended. Then it was payments not appearing as added to the account. These problems prevented adding US roaming add on purchases, requiring contacting mods on this site and making multiple posts/messages to get help in almost 24 hours.

Today, I encounter another new issue. I go to purchase another US roaming option of the talk, text and data bundle for $20. The option that was present just 10 days ago is no longer available to purchase from the online self serve account. Only bundle available is talk and text for $15. Also, pricing is different and higher than the advertised prices listed on the Public Mobile site for at least the 1GB data addon ($30 vs $20).  Luckily, I was able to purchase the talk, text and data bundle from the 1-855 number. I better not find out I was charged more than $20, since the phone system doesn't mention the price.

Screenshot from 2017-01-06 23-59-06.png

Given how l didn't have to talk to a Koodo customer service rep EVER, I didn't think I'd be having so much issues moving to Public Mobile.  I figured a system intended to handle all self-service would be well tested and operated and provide all the options a proper service provider would provide. I gave up a $48/5GB monthly plan for this and already regretting it.

What gives?   'Ain't nobody got time for this'.

31 REPLIES 31

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am a little surprised myself that there's so many bugs in the system.  I sense that a small operating budget has something to do with it.  

Need Help? Let's chat.