cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring number from Koodo?

thudoan63
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello there!

Just wanted to confirm if I have to contact PM in order to port my number over from Koodo? I was instructed to just sign up for a new number during SIM registration so I did. However, now that I'm trying to port over the number using the self-serve tool it's giving me an error saying "Your Old Service Provider rejected your transfer request." even though account number is correct, alternate phone number is in a valid format, and name on the old account is also correct.

Regards and thanks in advance,

Thu

4 REPLIES 4

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @thudoan63!

If you still need help, send me a private message with this info and I will look into this for you:

- Koodo phone number you're trying to port

- Koodo account number

- Public Mobile SIM card number or account number 

Robot Very Happy

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You should tag a mod like this @Shazia_K when you have a technical issue. You don't need to though since I did it.

thudoan63
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the advice. Changing email unfortunatly did not work, I still get the same error. Will contact a mod - thanks anyways!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems porting in your number.

Regardless of that porting error, make sure you are not using the same email you used on your koodo account. You can change it back once you successfully port in.

Is your koodo account currently active?  

Those types of errors are usually due to wrong information provided. So, make sure info is entered exactly. Try it in another browser or using private/incognito mode. 

If you still get the same error, send private message to one of the mod and they will be able to try from their end. http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Contacting-our-Community-Moderators/ta-...

Need Help? Let's chat.