cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching back SIM cards

teenteen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently changed my phone and had to change SIM cards in the process.   After that I broke my new phone, so I am looking to switch back to my old phone. 

When I tried to change back the SIM cards using the self serve website, I received the following error.

"Sorry, the SIM card number is invalid or already in use. Please try again or order a new SIM card at publicmobile.ca."

Can anyone help me? 

19 REPLIES 19

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@imm1304 we're both right.  He would have to catch the tube and then trasnsfer mid-Atlantic.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

imm1304

@srlawren

You mean the tube from London 😄 

Subway is so North American 😉

srlawren

@Luddite guilty as charged 😉

Next time maybe try the subway back from London.  I've heard it's much quicker.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Samianauman wrote:
@Luddite
How's was your great Britain trip and welcome back

Excellent thanks, though the bus back was quite slow. Robot LOL

P5110483.JPG

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite
How's was your great Britain trip and welcome back
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

@srlawren wrote:

@teenteen I see my response is marked as solution.  Did you manage to get back up and running using the adapter(s)?  🙂

@srlawren Oh ye of little faith! Solved is solved; or do you think an Oracle decided you had the best solution. OR did you mark it as the Solution???? Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren

@teenteen I see my response is marked as solution.  Did you manage to get back up and running using the adapter(s)?  🙂

srlawren

@teenteen the most recent SIM you purchased for your new phone, since it was ordered within the last year, should have arrived as a "triple-punch" card.  Meaning it's a nano SIM card inside a nano-to-micro SIM adapter, inside a nano-to-full-size SIM adapter.  Hopefully you didn't throw away the adapters after picking the correct size for your new phone?  You can just use one or both of those (depending on SIM slot size on old phone) to get back up and running.

mimmo

@CaNuCk07 If i look on my local used.ca site i saw an adappter for$3.  teh link was just an example so the person understood what i was refering to.

another  option, a shot in the dark and  something i myself would try,  is to stop at  any cell store and see if they have any old/discrded multi-sims laying around that you could use an adapter.

@imm1304 true, i didnt take into account the long weekend.  i was just thining about the $.

imm1304

@CaNuCk07, the logic for recommending sim adapter is to restore mobile service immediately.

Ordering a sim on a Friday would mean that @teenteen would most likely be without service for at least 5 days with the long weekend ahead.  

What phone are you using now and what size if sim is required more likely you only need s sim adopter
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

for $5 might as well order a new sim and have it in a couple days.

mimmo

I'm assuming you are trying to go from smaller to bigger. you can always try to buy a sim adapter 

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/adreama-adreama-sim-card-adapter-3-pack-adsimadapter3/10244538.a...

im sure you can find something cheaper

imm1304

Hi @teenteen!

Your old sim card is useless.  Once you transferred your account in selfserve to the new sim card, the previously used card was permanently deactivated.  You will not be able to simply register it again via selfserve.

You can either order a new sim card, or you can use sim card adapter so the new sim card can fit again in the old phone.  These adapters are really cheap.  Check the cheap local mobile shops/stalls in shopping areas near you.  

If you switch sim for your new phone then your old sim get deactivated you can't use old sim

How many sims you have just 1 or more then 1

When you switched to the new sim card, it deactivated your old one.

You would have to order a new one.

teenteen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please let me clarify.   I have been an existing Public Mobile customer for about a year.   I bought a new phone but my old SIM didn't work in the new phone (they were different sizes).    I used the Self Serve site to switch SIM cards.    I have been using my new phone for about a month now, but I recently broke the phone and I want to go back to my previous phone. 

I tried to change the active SIM back to my previous one.   

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
It's mean sim already registered are you using unused sim number ?
If your phone broken you don't have to do anything with sim all you need a phone unlocked or telus or koodo as u mentioned u are planning to use old phone and all you have to do take sim off broken phone and insert in old phone

And if you changing sim in self serve you can only change sim number if other sim is ungegistered brand new can't use used sim which is locked to account already
Need Help? Let's chat.