cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up Phone for Mother in Law, Can only dial out and use data

motu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

I set up a new account for my mother in law over the weekend. 

I got an error telling me that there was an error and I needed to start over. After starting over, I got an error telling me that there was a SIM error. And will not let me go any further. However, her credit card has been billed and she can make phone calls and use data. She is unable to receive texts, though. 

She is porting her number over from Wind/Freedom if that helps. 

I forgot to mention, she is also unable to sign into her account, that's why I am posting the question from my account. 

Thank you,

Richard

7 REPLIES 7

motu

Thank you!!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@motu

Awesome! 

The port has been requested, please allow at least 30 minutes to 2 hours for the port to complete. You will receive a text message saying that the port has completed and then simply reboot your phone 🙂

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

motu

Thank you all for the info, sending PM now. 

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @motu

I'm sorry to hear about this, 

This definitely sounds like a porting issue, can I have the following information sent to me in a private message? 

-The phone # you are porting

-Account # with your old provider

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Also, turn on email notification of private messages so you do not miss the deadline for resetting your account.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@motu  Sounds like a stuck port, pm is best method of getthing this solved, but i've also tagged one of our wonderful moderators here.

@Shazia_K

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@motu

How long has it been since you did the porting application?  The porting process can take up to 2 or 3 hours to complete.  If it has been longer, then you'll need the moderators to fix your partial port error.  You should send them a private message with the SIM card number, the account number of the old provider, the name authorized to port on that account, and of course, the phone number being ported.  Just for good measure, also link to this thread when you message them.  How to contact moderators:
productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Contacting-our-Community-Moderators/ta-p/76452

Need Help? Let's chat.