cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reuse old email address coming back to PM from Virgin

kovu104
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi PM so I miss you guys want to come back to PM now that I have an unlocked phone. Have SIM email for the account was ki*****@hotmail.com can't login to this account anymore.

14 REPLIES 14

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Agreed with other if your account been inactive for over 90 days then its suspended but also if you contact mod they can reactivate your account with active plan I sign-up for pm couples years back I can't login but community account still active I think if you contact mod maybe thry can help you out with old login hopefully
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NDesai wrote:

@SD08 wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

Personal info edited. OP please remember next time that this is a public community. 

@NDesai

Ah yes...another ability to add to the list of Oracle powers. Robot wink
I don't recall this being used until recently, maybe the last month or so. Is this a relatively new change?

Yes, recently enabled only to remove personal info. 

@NDesai

One of these days, I'm going to publish the list I've compiled, then all the Oracles' secrets will be revealed.  LOL  Smiley Tongue

(Then I'll go into hiding  Smiley LOL)

@SD08 wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

Personal info edited. OP please remember next time that this is a public community. 

@NDesai

I don't recall this being used until recently, maybe the last month or so. Is this a relatively new change?

Yes, recently enabled only to remove personal info. 

SD08

@NDesai wrote:

@NDesai

kovu104
You guys are awesome I'm going to create the account again

@SD08, that's exactly what happened to me.  I tried a brief 10 day period in Dec 2015, plan expired and deactivated.

June or July 2016, I got a new sim, tried to sign in, and couldn't.  Asked the same questions here, didn't believe the same answers.  Tried it anyway, and voila, I was good to go.

SD08

@stonechucker  Thanks for the clarification.  I guess you learned that from direct experience.  Robot Happy

@kovu104  If you intend to be active here to earn community rewards, you should make sure your e-mail address in your community account matches the one in your self-serve account going forward, in order for rewards to be properly credited.

Must use new email to create self serve, and activate sim.  Change afterwards as decribled.

SD08

@kovu104 wrote:
How do you change afterwords do you just have a moderator do it. Thanks so much for the help guys.

@kovu104

After you've created your account, you would login to your self-serve, go to My Profile -> Edit Profile -> Change Username.  The username is your e-mail address.

Having said that, if your old account was deleted 90 days after expiration, then you may actually be able to re-use your old e-mail when you create a new account.

kovu104
How do you change afterwords do you just have a moderator do it. Thanks so much for the help guys.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@kovu104, I did exactly this last summer.

Had to create new self serve account with a new SIM card, and new email. I was able to change back to old email afterwards.

all worked well, service was up and running shortly after.

SD08

@kovu104

FYI, if it has been more than 90 days since the expiration of your last plan, your account may have been entirely removed. In that case, you'll have to start a new account when you activate a new SIM.  That could be why your e-mail doesn't log in anymore.

As @will13am mentioned you should not post personal info such as e-mail address in this public forum here. To edit your post to remove it, click the three dots in the upper-right corner of your post.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

If you are having problems reusing an email, it may be because the system still remembers the email from before.  Perhaps use an email alias or another email address if convenient.  Here is the hotmail link for managing email aliases.  BTW, don't put your email in the public forum. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12407/microsoft-account-manage-aliases

Need Help? Let's chat.