cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Porting Out of PM

elehemeare
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I had a spectacularly difficult (three-week long) time porting my number in to Public Mobile from Koodo about a year-and-a-half ago. Now, I'm having a potentially as-spectacular time porting out.

My number was requested to be ported out to a corporate Telus plan by the plan administrator. I received the Telus confirmation text on my old, Public Mobile device, stating "From TELUS: Your transfer request has been completed successfully. Welcome to TELUS and thank you for joining us!".

But, my old device still claims to be connected to the Public Mobile network, though attempting to make or receive calls/ use data/ send or receive text messages fails.

In addition, the new device claims no service. I am also unable to login to Self-Serve to check any information regarding my account; using my Password returns "Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again."; attempting to reset my password returns "ForgotPassword/LoginUnsuccessfulUser_LoginDisabled" after the Email Verificiation step.

Does this seem like a Telus problem, or a Public Mobile problem? Does PM need to allow the number to be ported out? I only ask because it took three weeks to port my number in from Koodo.

Yes, I have tried powercycling my devices.

4 REPLIES 4

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@imm1304 ^^^^^^^ well put!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

imm1304

Hey @elehemeare,

In my 2 years of being active in this community, I have never really seen any patterns of serious porting in/out issues.  The overwhelmingly large majority of port requests are suceessfully completed without any issues within few minutes upto 2 hours.  I have personally overseen approx. 30 ports.. 100% success.  

So, what you experienced while porting in is very rare and must have been an exceptional circumstance back then.  

Currently, all signs indicate that PM has handed over your number to Telus because your PM sim is no longer getting service.  Also, your selfserve account is deactivated/deleted the moment you port out.  Porting is processed by the new carrier via an automated system.  Typically, there are no permissions to be taken from your previous carrier.  

If it has been more than a couple of hours, simply call Telus and inquire further.  I am sure they can sort this out for you.  Contacting a PM moderator will not really help because the only thing PM mod will confirm for you is that PM has given up your number to Telus as per your request and that's why your PM account is not accessible anymore.  

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Did you tried contacting mod lets see what they have to say about it send a private msg to @CS_Agent
Also include your username number and details explanation hopefully they give you some positive news about porting out or why it's been stuck for that long
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

SD08

Porting a number can take up to a couple of hours to complete.  If it's still not working after that, then you may have a stuck port.  Usually, you would have to contact the new carrier (Telus in this case) to resolve this.  PM does not have to grant permission for a port to happen.  It's all done from the side of the new carrier.  Porting will also automatically cancel your PM account, which would probably be why you can't log in to your PM self-serve anymore.

Need Help? Let's chat.