cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number but keeping plan

rkoza
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Wondering if it is possible to keep the plan and port the number to another carrier. Replace existing number with a new number from PM.

8 REPLIES 8

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I am pretty sure it is possible, whether they are willing to make the exception is a different story.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
No harm in asking, but I'm fairly certain it's literally not possible.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@rkoza wrote:

Wondering if it is possible to keep the plan and port the number to another carrier. Replace existing number with a new number from PM.

@rkoza, why don't quietly send a private message to a moderator and ask nicely whether they will allow you to set up a new account and have the plan from the old account moved over so you can port the number.  This is obviously a big favor and so, there is absolutely no guarantees that you won't be ignored. 

srlawren

@rkoza unfortunately that's correct.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

rkoza

@SDO8 wrote:

No, the way their system is currently designed, each PM account can only carry one phone number.

Is your PM plan a promo plan that's no longer offered, or a currently available, in-market plan?

If it's the latter, then there is one way to achieve what you want.  1 or 2 days before the end of your current plan, port out the number to the other provider.  The PM account will cancel itself.  Be sure you do this before the plan actually expires, as a number can only be ported from an active account.  Then simply start a new PM plan with a new PM number.  This will require having a new PM SIM in hand, as the previous SIM cannot be used again.  The problem with this is, you'll have to wait until the current plan is nearly expired.

Yes it is one of the Promo plans and that's the reason why I don't want to lose it. I guess have no option but to move away from Public Mobile. Thanks for your help.

SD08

No, the way their system is currently designed, each PM account can only carry one phone number.

Is your PM plan a promo plan that's no longer offered, or a currently available, in-market plan?

If it's the latter, then there is one way to achieve what you want.  1 or 2 days before the end of your current plan, port out the number to the other provider.  The PM account will cancel itself.  Be sure you do this before the plan actually expires, as a number can only be ported from an active account.  Then simply start a new PM plan with a new PM number.  This will require having a new PM SIM in hand, as the previous SIM cannot be used again.  The problem with this is, you'll have to wait until the current plan is nearly expired.

rkoza

Or can I add another number with same plan to my account. After that I can port out my original number.

SD08

Unfortunately, that's not possible, as porting a number out would immediately cancel the PM account.

Need Help? Let's chat.