cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Freedom Mobile

speedchamps123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I tried porting my number from Freedom Mobile and I get an error "We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance." 

Any help? Much appreciated. 

@MarieHelene_L

13 REPLIES 13

Stickyjonz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
How long does this process usually take. I ported in a Freedom Mobile number about an hour ago, but now I have no phone usage at all

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Nsk143

Wise decision! That's what we recommend 🙂

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

Nsk143
I am probably moving from freedom too after reading all details here I will be getting new number then port later on

MarieHelene_L

Hey @Tallguy11

My colleague @Simon_O is currently working on your case! He'll get back to you shortly 🙂

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

Tallguy11

I am experiencing the same problem... 

speedchamps123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you everyone for your replies! 

I actually got a new number before porting my old number. But everything went through, it was faster than I expected but it's all working now!

Cheers 🙂

zmh1175

It is sooooo hard to port from other carrier for PM. I ported total 6. 4 of them failed. I had to email cs for help. PM system need to be upgraded for porting number.

Thank you @MarieHelene_L and @Samianauman

Agreed @Mana
The concept behind getting a new number first is simple if op get a new number before porting in this will get op services active first and these way at least they have services running when they request a porting old number
If they port right at activation and porting takes time sometimes since they are new to pm they get panic why they are not able to get services and issues start from there
For sure I would say new number logic works after whole activation process done then port in your old number
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

MarieHelene_L

@speedchamps123

I contacted our porting center and they informed me that everything seems to be okay! The port is still processing therefore you should receive a text message within the next 2 hours to inform you when the port has completed. At that moment, simply reboot your phone and everything should be back to normal 🙂

If you still haven't received the text message in a couple hours, please send me a private message with your Freedom account number and I'll make sure to resubmit the request!

Thanks, 

Marie

@Samianauman Thank you for your help. 

Maybe we should make a "how to port in" sticky, if not already exists.

New people need to know that it's better to get a new number first and confirm all service and features work before porting in a new number. 

Also all correct and required info needs to be entered in the port in request form. 

Thank you. 

MarieHelene_L

@speedchamps123

Currently working on it! I'll get back to you as soon as I manage to get this fixed 🙂

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Since you tag mod already what you can do click on Marie name new webpage will open scroll down all the way you will see a icon send a private msg click on it
And compose a msg
Including your email address
Sim card serial number
Old carrier number
Old carrier account number as well pin
With detail explanation
Thry will get back to you
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.