cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porrting a number from Rogers

solutechcanada
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What is the procedure to port my Rogers number to Public Mobile? any help would be greatly appreciated

6 REPLIES 6

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@solutechcanada... welcome to PM!!

And another leaves Rogers... this reminds me of the thread that was running with peeps celebrating their departure from Rogers Smiley Tongue.

solutechcanada
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was able to successfully port my number. thanks for the info.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@solutechcanada, when you are porting make sure you check that you are the authorized person and use the account number of yoru old account with your old provider.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Raven_Jet
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I'm glad it worked!

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I just put my name and account info and waited. it was all done (the second txt confirming within 2hr or so). Went by smoothly and was on a saturday. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Have you activated the service already and obtained a temporary number?  If not, I would suggest going that route first rather than port during activation.  Otherwise, if something goes wrong, you get no service in general.  Doing the two step process will at least have the service going even if porting fails. 

As for porting itself, you do it in the self serve portal.  The information required to port is the name on the old account, old account number (no dots, no dashes, no spaces, no special characters, just account number), phone number to be ported.  That is about it.  The porting itself can take a couple of hours to complete.  The best thing to do is continue to keep the SIM from the old provider in the phone.  Once you see the old service stop, you know the porting is complete.  Here is a thread from the community forum on porting.  It is a bit long but has useful information along with user experiences.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/How-do-I-move-my-cell-phone-number-to-...

Need Help? Let's chat.