cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Account - No Access to "My Account"

TSGarp99
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am new to Public Mobile (PM) as of yesterday.  Very carefully following all instructions to port my number over from one of the Evil Empires only to have it "Fail" on the very last screen (after giving over my credit card info).

With email help from customer service (over 6 hours), I finally got my phone to work but still no access to "My Account" - something to do with the "Fail" locking out my original email address.  Now it is over to "tech support" and some indefinite period before it gets resolved.

So, the point of this posting:

- why does something so straight forward as registering "Fail" on the PM side?

- how long does their "Beta" status excuse/forgive these "Fails"?

- why is it impossible to speak to someone when a problem like this happens?

Without access to "My Account" I feel like I've stupidly given PM a blank cheque to charge me whatever they want.

Is there a PM Tech out there who can fix this in a timely manner?

14 REPLIES 14

anjalikamra

Thanks a lot for quick reply!!

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @skimson

I see that my colleague Aissata already took care of your issue earlier this morning. For more info, kindly refer to the email that she sent you 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

skimson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Please help @Mary_M

@skimson First try to see if the sim card is working with a new number.  Make some testing call, try outgoing call.  If it works, that means your account is good/active.

Port failure could be many reasons, info entered incorrect is usually the case.  Since the system is porting your number automatically using your entered info, if anythhing is wrong.  It is failed port.   After that only a MOD ( moderator in the forum) can fix it.  You need to contact them in the forum to fix that port issue.  

For information on how the supports works in public mobile and what about MOD.  Take a look at this link.  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Contacting-our-Community-Moderators/ta-...

skimson

it was an old number that needed to be ported. what is 'mod'.?

public mobile charged my credit card though.. so they charged me without insuring proper porting?

i can't even access my account.. the email i used to set up account is not valid it says.. but i got an email from public mobiel saying it's active

@skimson it is better to have your own new thread for your issue.

To answer your questions:  Did you get a new number at the beginning when you sign up or you were porting into public mobile during the initial process?  

Since you got that welcome email, what error do you get when try to log into self serve.  YOu can try to reset password as well.   

Also if you port in your number at your old provider, that means it wasnt portted in successfully.  It is failed port.  Only mod can fix that issue.

skimson

i just signed up my daughter to public mobile. and my credit card was charged for the 90 days. but i have no account, and her phone has not been activated. i have contacted public mobile. i got an email that said the account has been activated . but still i can't access it. 

i got an error message at the last page of signing up. so that's why i contacted public mobile. 

i called my "previous" carrier, and they said that my daughter's number has not been ported. So i'm still with my previous company but i paid public mobile. So what did i pay them for?

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @TSGarp99,

Thank you 🙂 and Welcome to our awesome community!!

Cheers,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

TSGarp99

Done - thank you so very much Shazia.

Smiley Happy

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @TSGarp99,

I'm really sorry about the delay, I took a look into your account and I was able to log into your self-serve account. 

I will send you the new credentials to use via private message and once, you are logged in please do change the temporary password that I will be providing you.

Thanks,

Shazia. 

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

TSGarp99

Update - still no access.  Mary PM'd me a few times last Friday and then suggested I let 72 hours go by so Tech support could fix the error.

More than happy to close this thread if someone can help.

Thanks

Mayor / Maire

@TSGarp99 wrote:

- why does something so straight forward as registering "Fail" on the PM side?

- how long does their "Beta" status excuse/forgive these "Fails"?

- why is it impossible to speak to someone when a problem like this happens?  

- Because of a glitche/bug in the system. These are still being sorted out - much too slowly for our satisfaction, but there's progress being made nevertheless.

- Your answer may vary. For me, the Beta status doesn't forgive anything. It just warns customers to be expecting problems that are excruciating from time to time. You can avoid these problems altogether by not signing up for PM until things are resolved to a greater extent (maybe in another year or so?).

- This is because PM's business plan does not entail offering phone or store support (which is exceedingly expensive, BTW).

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @TSGarp99

I understand your concern and I sincerely apologize for this matter. 

Can you please send me your phone number via private message? I will gladly look into this for you.

Thank you!

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @TSGarp99,

I empathize with you; I've had billing issues in the past.

I am now alerting @Shazia_K and @Mary_M to your situation. They are community moderators, and one of them will initiate contact with you in order to resolve your problem expeditiously.

Hang in there!
Need Help? Let's chat.