cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Problems and SIM Problems

lbeanforever
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For the past week I have been experiencing problems with having no network available. Never have had this happen before. As well as the same length of time my phone will flash saying that no SIM card is in and power off the phone. Once again have had no problems with this either.

Any troubleshooting ideas for this, or a way to fix it?

Thanks everyone!

21 REPLIES 21

lbeanforever

@Shazia_KI sent a PM, sorry for the delayed response.

lbeanforever

I actually ended up getting a BLU R1 HD, and very in love so far 🙂

It was hard because I was in love withmy LG G3, was hard to switch, but after research, visiting stores that had the model so I could actually hold it, and having the phone in my hands, I love it.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Shazia_K awesome, I was hoping one of you might reach out.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@lbeanforever

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble 😞 

Can you please send a me a private message with your Public Mobile phone number? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

srlawren

@lbeanforever thank you for the update.  I'm glad a replacement phone seems to have resolved the issue (curious: what did you get?).  Hopefully you are not without service for too long.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

lbeanforever

I ended up having to replace the phone. Seems to be all good. Paid for a month then this all happened, got no use out of the past month on what I purchased :'( Being low income that kinda sucked, but used my swagbucks for amazon gift cards to purchase a new phone, now just waiting for money to pay for another month.

Thanks for the help everyone

lbeanforever

An update; I went and ordered a new SIM card and still same problem 😞

Unfortunatly do not have another unlocked phone and will have to wait for a bit to pay to have it unlocked. As I write this the network has decided to work, so we will see if this last.

What an expensive week last week was, smoke detectors had to be replace, dishwasher went kaput, cell giving issue, new runners for a growing boy, coffee put went kaput. Blah.

But fingers crossed the network stays on, on my phone

srlawren

@lbeanforever you could order one from the Getting Started page, though it will cost you $5 to do that.  In your case, unless you don't mind spending the $5, you may want to contact one of the community moderators via private message and explain the situation--when a card is defective or suspected to be the issue, they will usually arrange to ship you one complimentary to see if it resolves the issue.  If you're not sure how to contact them, please see the two links in the text at the bottom of this reply. 

lbeanforever

Unfortunatly I am in Calgary, Alberta.

How do I go about getting a new SIM card, never hurts to try.

srlawren

@Luddite wrote:

@lbeanforever If you have isolated the problem to the SIM, live near Mississauga, and are willing to drive over, send me a private message. I have a spare you may have.

@lbeanforever similar to @Luddite's offer, I can hand you a spare SIM if you are in the Vancouver area.  

@lbeanforever If you have isolated the problem to the SIM, live near Mississauga, and are willing to drive over, send me a private message. I have a spare you may have.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @lbeanforever

Thank you! I see that Shazia got in touch with you through private message 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

lbeanforever

Private message sent @Saray_O

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey there @lbeanforever

I'm really sorry you've been having problems with your SIM card 😞 You might have a defective SIM. Could you send me your Public Mobile phone number via private message so I can look into this for you? 

Thank you 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

lbeanforever

yes, I have done a factory reset. tried other phone, and changed SIM card, still same issues 😞

LG phones issues have sometimes been resolved by a factory reset. If you try that be sure to backup before starting; especially any data you want restored, apps of course can be downloaded again..

lbeanforever

I have an lg g3.

I am just charging another phone to try that

No SIM troubleshooting:

a) Android: http://www.techbout.com/no-sim-card-installed-android-phone-15494/

b) iPhone:  https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201420

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Phone or SIM is failing perhaps.

a) What is make/model of your phone?

b) Try your SIM in another phone?

lbeanforever

I shall try that, find an old phone and charge it, and go from there. I have another SIM I ordered for my son but we haven't hooked it up yet so I can just use that I hope if thats the problem.

mimmo

two possible issues phone issue or sim issue.  do you have another phone you can pop the sim into?  if you still have issues than its the sim.  if not, its the phone.

if you dont have a spare phone then buy a new sim and see if you hve the same issue, if yes then you know its the phone.

there is a moto g play prepaid on sale for $139 i saw posted see link...

Need Help? Let's chat.