cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a sim card replacement...how?

ssodhi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Suddenly, I get to know this afternoon that I am unable to make or receive calls. I called from another phone to tech help and he said my plan was not properly activated and he said he did it now and suggest me some steps to do...but it didn't work, he suggest me that put another sim card to phone to check that something is not wrong with the phone ...i did it but the other sim was working fine so finally my sim is not working so i need another sim card as replacement.

8 REPLIES 8

@ympatni 

,To attach your new sim card to your  number, go to My Account from ONLY a desktop or laptop computer to request Change Sim card (please note that due to some glitches, accessing change sim care from mobile phone or tablet won't work)

Then click Quick Links on the top right and select Change Sim card and follow the steps:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/your-accounthttps://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/edit/your-account

ympatni
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I need a new sim to replace my old sim 

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @ssodhi

Sorry I didn't answer to your question earlier. I see that some community members were able to help you! Also, I sent you a private message yesterday 🙂 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

@ssodhi Where do you live? Someone nearby may have a spare SIM.

Also, have you already created a Public Mobile account?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @ssodhi!

Here is a post by our super helpful @Luddite explaining how to use private messaging on community forum:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Private-Messages-viewing-and-creating/...

So, I hope you have already placed an order for a new sim card from the sim order page linked earlier.

Next, you wait until the sim card is delivered to you.  Once you have the sim card, sign into your selfserve account and enter the new sim card number ("Plans and Add-ons >> Change sim card).  Pute the new sim card into your phone and it should be working just fine.  

If you need help with this step, you can send private message to the moderators.  

Once your service if working again, send an email to get refund for the shipping of sim card.  

ssodhi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hi Sarah
So, to start with I have to apply for a new SIM through self serve and then what....it is so complicated that I can't talk to any person directly. As My Sim card became faulty suddenly and to some extent public mobile agents are even responsible for that and now I am without Sim from yesterday and I didn't know what is happening....Now how to send a private message as I am using this for the first time.....?

Saray_O

Hi @ssodhi

I'm sorry that you've been having issues with your SIM card.

Once you receive a new SIM card, the issue should be resolved. If you need any help, send me a private message with your Public Mobile number and I will assist you 🙂 

--- 

@JaK thank you for tagging us! 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

JaK

Hi @ssodhi;

You can get a new sim card by using the Order Now button on this page: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started  Note that you will be charged $10 shipping, but you can apply to rebate that once you activate the new sim. To activate, go to your self serve and go to Change Sim.

In the mean time it would probably be good to have a moderator take a second look at your account, to help confirm it is a sim issue. You may need to provide the moderator some info by private message, watch for a response. Tagging @Shazia_K @Mary_M @Saray_O

Need Help? Let's chat.