cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check long distance usage

b777
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So i'm in my self serve account trying to figure out my long distance usage yet I can't find anything to indicate where I used my minutes... i've only used 7 min but Im wondering why I got charged since I didn't call out of province... i've recieved out of province calls but I was in Ontario and as per my understanding you shouldn't get charged long distance if it's an incoming call and you're in your home province 

25 REPLIES 25

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Oh, alrighty Smiley Very Happy Thank you for letting me know @b777 and @srlawren! It will be reviewed by our team 🙂

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@b777 indeed you did!  

@Saray_O it's here, for your reference:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Remove-long-distance-warning-when-calling-a...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

b777
Saray I have mentioned them about a month ago 🙂

Saray_O

@b777 Definitely! We put great value in our customer's feedback. I think you should post these 2 suggestions in our Public Lab section here at the Community. There, it can get votes from other users and it will also be reviewed by the Public Mobile team! 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

b777
Thank you for your response

The 765 number makes sense since it's a us number, but was that the only one I got charged for? Could there be something done to the self serve to show the charge for LD usage and not just show how many minutes were used? It doesn't make sense to have tech support on this when it's something that can be easily added to the users account so it doesn't take up other resources time like tech support

As for the 514 number I didn't know as the province wide plan doesn't discreetly say that you can't call and out if province number even if they're in your province... Could something be done to inform others about this so they're aren't misguided into thinking an out province number that's currently in your home doesn't count as LD when it really does.

Saray_O

Hi there @b777

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm sorry that we didn't update you on the ticket status!

I just checked the ticket that Mary sent and I can see that our tech support team found that you made some calls to a number with this area code 765 between 25th Dec- 25th Jan. This number belongs to Lafayette, Indiana (USA). 

Regarding the call you made to your friend in Ontario with a 514 number: you will always get charged when you call a number that does not belong to your province because the call will go through the towers of the person's home province first, no matter if they're standing next to you in Ontario. 

Finally, if you send me the phone number you were trying to contact within your home province via private message, I will gladly investigate this for you 🙂 

I'll be awaiting for your response! 

b777
So I have yet to hear anything on this issue and clearly it's a problem because I recently moved to timmins (this past Sunday) and the only calls I've made have been locally in Timmins and some to Toronto to my family. Still have the same number and plan yet I got charged another 4 min of LD usage! Come on PM a province wide plan should be province wide and the system should know that timmins to Toronto or a Toronto number being used in Timmins is not LD minutes if you have a province wide plan! I called a friend with a 514 number from Montreal but he's in Timmins so that's not LD either!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Glad I could help 🙂 @b777

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

b777
Perfect, thank you

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @b777,

Thank you so much for your patience!

My system is having somewhat of a hard time locating all of your usage, and to make sure we understand why your minutes were deducted, I've submitted a ticket for investigation (ref # IN0000012836573). The 7 minutes were also reinstated into your account.

Although it can take up to 2 business weeks, feel free to send me a message for an update 🙂

I hope this helps,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

srlawren

@Mary_M looking forward to it.

This does beg the bigger question of why it's so difficult for customers to see where their LD minutes are being used up.  I hope the usage history gets updated to reflect the usage at some point.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thank you for confirming @b777,

Your minutes should not get deducted if calling local numbers therefor we'll look into this and submit a ticket if needed!  Please expect an update from me within the next 24 hours.

Respectfully,

Mary

b777
Hi Mary

I definitely did not call any international numbers off my phone since signing up with PM and I do not recall calling out of province... I have called out of province using hangsout dialer but that uses data so it shouldn't affect my LD minutes... Otherwise I've only recieved out if province calls but I've always been in my home province when receiving those calls

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @b777,

Sorry for the delay!

Do you remember calling any out of province numbers or international numbers in the last few months? 

In the meantime, I'll work on going through your account to find charges for any calls placed and I will provide you with an update shortly!

Mary

b777

nothing, you would think one of the PM mods would get back to me by now....

srlawren

@b777 any luck?

b777

So I got a reply from Shazia via private message but no response on this issue... I know it's the weekend so I hopefully have some sort of answer by tomorrow  

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @b777

I will be glad to look into this for you, 

Can you please send me a private message with your Public Mobile phone number so that I can have a look? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

srlawren

@Mary_M would you mind please helping @b777?  Is it possible to see which calls in your usage history have been deducted from your LD add-on bucket?

b777

I live in Toronto so I wouldn't have the border issues... maybe this is something that PM should address and a mod or mods can look into. I would like to know where my long distance minutes were used up (Was it someone I called, or someone that called me, etc). Just simply telling me I used 7 minutes out of 400 and not knowing where I used those 7 minutes up because I never made an out of call province or left the province doesn't make sense... I will be addressing this issue in the public lab section and hopefully the idea will be considered/implemented 

srlawren

@b777 unfortunately I haven't made any long distance calls for quite some time so I can't locate any in my usage history to reference.  Hopefully someone else can help you locate how to tell if it's coming out of your LD add-on minutes.

As to the why question:  do you happen to live near a provincial border?  For example Gattineau, Ottawa, Hull, etc?

srlawren

@Chaos_Scorpio I don't think @NDesai does, no!  (He's on the we(s)t coast though....so it was only around midnight here when he posted)

b777
Usage history doesn't tell me anything about my long distance minutes and where they were used up

Chaos_Scorpio

@NDesai do you sleep?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Hi @b777

You should be able to check call history under Plans and Add-on > Usage History.

Need Help? Let's chat.