cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is porting to PM working nowadays?

Reco
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi there,

Last time, when I wanted to port a number and create account at the same time, it had taken more than 10 days for the mods to respond to solve my issue. How is the workload of the mods nowadays? Shall I dare to port a second number, this time mine, into PM? Thanks for your responses.

15 REPLIES 15

Porting isn't hard if procedure followed properly I helped my cousin moved from Rogers while process took 90 mins or so including activation and porting as well
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Reco

Data is working too.

I had forgotten that I had turned cellular data off on my mobile. When I turned it back on, data has started working too. This activation and porting was very smooth (unlike the last time).

Thanks.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Reco

Here's how to set up the data APN:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-Up-Data-On-Your-Phone/ta-p/26
Reboot your phone after you make the changes.

Reco

Amazing, voice and text is working now. Data is not working though. I am still impressed. Good work, PM.

I may have to another step to make data work.

@SD08 wrote:

@Reco

Porting can take up to a couple of hours to complete.  Your outgoing calls and texts should work right away, but incoming will not work until it's complete.

It's varies 1 hours to 1 day
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

SD08

@Reco

Porting can take up to a couple of hours to complete.  Your outgoing calls and texts should work right away, but incoming will not work until it's complete.

Reco

I just activated an account and ported my number from Bell at the same time. Everything went smoothly and looks alright now. When will I see the actual porting happening, i.e. my Bell SIM no longer providing any service? In other words, how long does it take for the porting to be in effect?

Thanks.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

I ported to PM end of April and found the mods very fast in responding and doing all in their power to solve the problem asap.

Can't say that I was that impressed with the CSRs at my old provider, though...

I hope your transition to the PM family will be a smooth one.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

I agree with @SD08 to do the following:

- activate the account and get a new number first, then

- make sure everything and all features are working fully as expected, then

- port your number in by carefully entering all the required info. 

Good luck

Alissa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported yesterday as well. The moderator responded within 3 minutes to my PM. He said the issue would be resolved in 2 and a half hours and it was completed in 50 minutes. Working very efficiently!

mimmo

Just ported a number yesterday.  took about 2 hours to complete. 

double check everyting and  check the actual account name, the last two ports i did the (fido and telus) the actual account name was mispelt.  

All you really need is 1) account number and 2) account name 

also do the port late at night, or early in the morning so if there are issues you can get a mod involved during working hours.  if any issues private message them and post in the forum if you like aswell.  (dont use the new  moderator tag as there are issues with it)

Agreed
Porting is being a big issue but if procedure properly follows then its not bad as long you provide all required details basic requirements are same as always
It's just need to be follow as suppose to

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Porting has never been that big of an issue.  I did all my activation during the hectic month last year, 100% success.  Just got to be super careful, enter the data correctly and it should work 99 out of a 100 times.  These days, the moderator team is actually larger than last year. 

SD08

@Reco

The last time you did this was just in the aftermath of a really popular promo.  The workload on the moderators was massive.  Now, the response time for assistance is much quicker if you need it, usually within hours.  However, if you enter the porting data correctly, it should go through without a hitch most of the time.  It's also recommended to separate the activation from the porting to minimize the risk of an activation/porting error.  Activate the SIM, check to make sure service works (incoming & outgoing talk/text/data), then port phone number through PM self-serve account.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask here.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Porting problems are virtually gone but do happen now and then. Suggest you follow this procedure: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/The-Guide-to-Headache-Free-PM-Signup/m...

However, the moderators are responding within a few hours to "out of service" issues so the risk is low for 1 step activation and port-in.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.