cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Lost phone service for my cell phone

ericxsk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

My cell phone suddenly lost the PM service. However, I log into my account, everything looks fine. 

Can anybody help me? I really need my phone service back!

Thanks,

Eric

11 REPLIES 11

@Chuck4   Would have been better if you started your own thread and not dig up a very old one.

Anyways.

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

It will show you last 4 digits of the sim card. Now take the sim out of your phone do they match?

If they don't you have Been a victim of simjacking.

Click plans and add-ons then lost/stolen mark it as stolen to block whoever has access to your account sim.

Then immediately start changing all your passwords and check your financials for fraud.

Then open a ticket for moderators to investigate. They have away to get your current sim card working again.

Screenshot_20210104_110512.jpg

Or private message them at link below 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Or your other option for a faster resolution is to go out and buy a new sim card. DO NOT ACTIVATE IT!!. You have to take the brand new sim card and log into your account. Click "Change sim card" enter new sim card number and you will be back up and running.

Let us know!

Chuck4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have rebooted my phone several times.  took out the sim card and put it in another phone still no service I put the other phones sim in my phone and I had service.  Now what????

SirKibble

I know this is an old thread but may I ask how you solved this issue? Was it a problem with your phone?

I am experiencing a similar issue.

Andy1000
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

May I ask what phone do you have?

my friend had this problrm with samsung s7 and I also had this problrm with samsung s7 edge.

ericxsk

thank you. It works now.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

i think comes down to whether it is your sim/account or phone that has issues.  Easiest way is borrow your friend's sim and plug into your cell and vice versa.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
I would say like the people above try removing the sim card blow some air in their just in case and put the sim back again . It sounds that maybe the card moved a bit or not in full contact

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi,

That's an odd problem!

It's good to reboot, but I am going to ask you to:

1. Power off
  2. Remove your SIM card
  3. Wait 5 minutes
  4. Replace SIM
  5. Power on...
  6. If it works, great!  if not......
  7. Go to settings and try to manually connect to the PM network.  If that works, great!  If not...
  8. Try to swap SIM cards with another phone.
    1. If you get service with a different SIM card, and the other phone does not, then your SIM is fried and you will need to order a new one
    2. If the other phone gets service but you do not, then your phone may be the problem
  9. After all this, and with no success, send a private message to the moderator team (details here), and include the date and time of the problem, a complete description of what you have tried in an effort to fix it, and your cell phone number

Hope this helps,

Neil

If you said everything in your account seems fine, maybe something is wrong with the sim card, just to be sure, do you have a spare phone you can put your SIM card into and see if that phone gets service?

ericxsk

Everything is fine until half hour ago, when the cell signal strangely disappear.

ericxsk

I reboot my cell phone several times, still showing "No Service, emergency call only"

Need Help? Let's chat.