cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Processing Failing

gkelly
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This morning I tried three times to purchase the US Text/Data add-on using the credit card on file with Public.  It failed each time saying that it couldn't be processed.  I called my bank, who said they weren't seeing the transaction even being posted to my account.  I added a different VISA card (VISA debit) and that went through without issue.

I'm confident in the card originally associated with the account, because I use it for AutoPay.  Is there potentially something wrong with VISA processing on the PM side?  I even tried to re-add the card, and that failed too, saying the details couldn't be verified.  I checked over every field and it appears to all be correct. 😕

2 REPLIES 2

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

When the billing system rejects your credit card, sometimes trying the following works:
-clear your browser cache
-use private/incognito browsing mode
-use a different browser
-use a different credit card
-try again later
Note: If attempting a manual top-up, be sure to check your credit card account after each attempt to avoid multiple charges.

Alternatively, you could buy Public Mobile payment vouchers at various retailers and use these to top-up your account. Check here for locations: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/how-to-pay As that list may not be updated, it's best to contact the retailer to confirm what they have before you visit them.

If none of those work for you, then you should send a private message to a moderator for assistance. How to contact moderators: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The Public Mobile payment system is buggy, so it's not surprising that a card is rejected and a different card works perfectly. I have experienced the same issue with routine payment setup, others have reported similar issues.

Need Help? Let's chat.