cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account disabled, plan changed without my consent

Sirgool
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I haven't been able to log into my account for a very long time. My payments are always on time so I can't understand what the issue is. I have changed my phone number once and since then my account has had multiple issues. For instance I called and the customer service representative wasn't able to find my account without me giving her every detail of the account(when they gave the option and even then I had to use a friend's public mobile number to get to them). When I attempted to log in it yet again said my account has been disabled. Also my payment we're 25$ a month I had a grandfather plan and it jumped to 28$ without me changing anything.

Thanks in advance for the help
6 REPLIES 6

@Sirgool as Public is a prepay service, no consent is required

They simply need to make the correct notice period

Now if they did not send you notice, you can complain here:

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/complaints/complaint-form

It would get your $3 increase deferred 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Sirgool

If you mostly use your grandfathered plan to make calls in-province*, then PM offers a cheaper alternative to your (post-increase) $28 legacy plan with this promo that's currently available:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/NEW-Talk-and-Text-Promo-Plan/m-p/144804

It's a 90-day plan including province-wide talk + global text for $81, or $27/month. Since it's not a legacy plan, you can use rewards to reduce that cost even further down to $23/month immediately: $2 off per month for setting up autopay on credit card, and $2 off per month for loyalty rewards (your time on your legacy plan counts towards approx. 2 years of loyalty, with further $1 monthly reduction per year up to $5).

If you do make occasional calls to other provinces, you can buy PM's 400 minute Canada/International long distance add-on for $15 to cover those and you can take as long as you want to use the minutes since they never expire. If necessary, the $5 difference per month between the two plans would cover the cost of a LD add-on every three months. If it's not necessary, then you simply pocket the savings.

*EDITED TO ADD:  While in your home province, you can receive calls from anywhere for free on a province-wide talk plan.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Im not sure what your grandfathered plan is (not sure if it includes data), but the current promo provincial calling and unliited global texting is $25 with autopay and you can get some additional money off $2-$3) becasue you have several years with PM.  you woudl however loos phone support.

@Sirgool wrote:
I definitely didn't I keep every message I received. I understand the no customer service but I need help with the account disabled and the payment increase.

You will get help with your account issue either by calling the call center (grandfather users only) or contacting one of the mod via private message. But for the payment increase, unfortunately, it will stay +$3 if you decide to keep your grandfathered plan. 

Sirgool
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I definitely didn't I keep every message I received. I understand the no customer service but I need help with the account disabled and the payment increase.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Looks like you have missed this announcement and notices they reached you about this on email or text. Notices were sent in the February and users had plenty of time to merge with koodo, get on new plans or pay the $3 raise. 

Need Help? Let's chat.