cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quick question on loyalty rewards

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

My one year anniversary is coming up. yippee 🙂   had a quick question about loyalty rewards.  

I was out of the country and let my plan expire for 45 days.  do those days count towards my one year?

I believe yes from reading the following (cut and pasted from the rewards page) but they seem contraditory...  the first says you reward will be delayed the second you will not qualify.  Should the first one state less than?

• If you are in an expired or suspended state for more than 60 days of the year, your Loyalty Reward will be delayed by the amount of days you were in an expired or suspend state.
  • You cannot be in suspend and / or expired status for more than 60 days during the year in order to qualify for the Loyalty Reward.
8 REPLIES 8

mimmo

I reached out to Jeremy through private message and recieved the following reply(see below).  He also said he would look into clarifing the text.  Baically as thought suspended <60 days = delayed reward and suspended >60 days = inelgable for that year.

Thanks to all for you r comments

• If you are in an expired or suspended state for more than 60 days of the year, your Loyalty Reward will be delayed by the amount of days you were in an expired or suspend state.
  • The above means if your account is suspended or expired (which means the same) your loyalty reward will be delayed by the amount of time your account has been suspended or expired for. i.e. my account is suspended for 45 days and tomorrow it would make two years I'm with Public - I would need to wait 45 more days before I would get the 2-year loyalty reward.
  • You cannot be in suspend and / or expired status for more than 60 days during the year in order to qualify for the Loyalty Reward.
  • If your account is suspended or expired for more than 60 days you would lose out on the 2-year loyalty reward from being applied to your account on your 2nd-anniversary date. i.e. you would need to complete a full year afterwards (3 years) to get the 2-year loyalty credit.

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@mimmo wrote:

I'll tag  @Jeremy_M. hopefully he can add some enligtenment. 

@imm1304 is on the ball! Meaning if you're less that 60 days in suspense in the current year, you will have no issue and will receive your loyalty reward.

Cheers,

Jeremy

mimmo

I'll tag  @Jeremy_M.(not sure if this is an actual mod question) hopefully he can add some enligtenment, when he has some time.

mimmo

I'll tag  @Jeremy_M. hopefully he can add some enligtenment. 

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I went back & read them carefully couple times to see what the difference is, perhaps reading in cointext or such but I agree the two bullets are a bit confusing as seem to have same >60day basis & different outcomes. 

Full text is here:  

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164

Logically makes more sense if first one is <60days (i.e. delayed reward) & 2nd read >60 days (to qualify for a rewards).

I wonder if one bullet is refering to having multiple shorter than 60 day inactive status but they add up to over 60 days in total - then you get delayed. But then again what would it matter if one has 3 occurances of 21 days or oone occurance of 63 days - essentially same thing. Kind of unusual that the end of one's 90 term term just happens to coincide with vacation but obviously happens. I'm on auto-renew to get the reward and also so don't loose the great fall 2016 special. 

Congratualtions on hitting 1 & 2 year loyalty points.

At this point seems far off as I joined (along with many others who loaded up the system) for that fall special but when I think that i was with R*gers for like 12/14 years and really appreciating Public Mobiles sim only business plan & normal customer servic e- have no doubt I'll hit the maximum rewards at 5 years.

mimmo

hi @imm1304 congrats on the 2 years.  yes I have saved a bunch with PM, am very happy i switched.  

Yes 45<60 so i should get the rewards based on what the page states. but I asked becasue I was more confused by the  "contradictory"  bullet points.  Both state greater than 60 with different outcomes (rewards delayed, and rewards not eligable).  

My guess is the first one should say <60 not >60  ie if suspended less than 60 days your rewards will be delayed, which in my mind makes sence.

will see what happens.

imm1304

Hi @mimmo!  Congrats on making it through 1 year.  I hope sizeable savings have piled up over the year.  

I agree with you and @xCameron94x.  45 < 60 days so you are still eligible for the loyalty reward from 1 year onward.  

You should see a loyalty reward of $3/90 days in selfserve under My Rewards.  PM tends to round up and give you the $3 loyalty reward as long as the 1 year anniversary date is coming up before your renewal date.

On a sidenote, my second anniversary is coming up before next renewal and my loyalty reward is now showing $6.  

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

you said you let it expire for 45 days,but doesn't the post say it will be delayed if its been over 60 days?. To me, i think your reward wont be delayed, as it fell under the 60 days. I just think its a total of 60 days over the year.

So if you let your plan expire for another 15 days, it could get delayed? But the two points do seem confusing.

Need Help? Let's chat.