cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Titles

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Ok I know some are self explanatory but others I am just clueless on. What do the different titles mean?

And what are the rankings?

Public Mobile - official account (?)

Oracle - official information source (?)

Mayor - moderator (?)

Deputy Mayor - assistant moderator 

Great Citizen / Super Citizen - 

Model Citizen - very good looking citizen (haha)

Good Citizen - 

Great Neighbour - 

Retired - closed account (?)

I am assuming citizen is better than neighbour but beyond that?

21 REPLIES 21

Oh I am sorry to hear that

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mana there is only one community member that has the title Legend, in honour of our dear friend @Martin, whom passed away this spring.

More info:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Oracle-Martin/m-p/57058/highlight/true#M...

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Martin-is-a-Legend/m-p/69147/highlight/tru...

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Community-Legend/idi-p/97945

R.I.P., Martin!  We miss you!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Chaos_Scorpio Congrats!

i have seen a title called "legend", anyone knows what level and capabilities it has?

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I just got Town hero ... I only got 11 solutions ... so no idea how it is calculated... 

I think a PM super cape user changes the requirements just to confuse us. (is it bad I am thinking of a super sheep in worms right now ... dan di dan daa ... Boom)

Interesting both of the new Oracles have cleared 2000 bravos

There might be a stat requirement before they get promoted 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Can't we all live in a classless society?!?  🙂

Great work, @Mark2016--welcome aboard.  

And to all:  enjoy working your way up the ranks.  Every time you help someone or offer up a great suggestion, you're helping the whole community be better.  Cheers!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mark2016
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I already ranked up! First day here!

Hmm Ok

So Deputy Mayor seems to be based on number of unique posters who bravo your posts

Based off this I am assuming the Mayor metric is similar

jamestneutron
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Best way to find out is to work your way up the ranks from good neighbour... Then get hired...and start from the bottom again!

Ok well

I know Town Hero is based on number of accepted solutions now (need 15)

Cat Wink

Still waiting for my people of public clarification next Cat Very Happy

@Korth Moderators are also able to delete offensive posts so that do not appear in the history of a thread. In addition, if the Community simply ignores a new offensive thread it will disappear from the main screen in less than a day usually; being replaced by newer threads.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @kav2001c,

Great question and you're right we don't really divulge on how our ranking system worksRobot tongue (This is done on purpose of course so we can avoid gamification)

However here is some clarity I can share with you:

Public Mobile - @NDesai got this one - PM Staff Members (Moderator or internal employee)

Oracle - @Korth nailed it in his post (They also unlock some cool features)

The below rankings are based on your contribution with-in the Community. The more you contribute the more rankings you can unlock.  As @NDesai mentioned in his post: "They are not random. They are levels based on badges you have unlocked, bravos you have earned, accepted solution comments etc."

Mayor 

Deputy Mayor 

Great Citizen / Super Citizen 

Model Citizen 

Good Citizen 

Great Neighbour 

The retired ranking is used for accounts which are no longer active in the Community.

Retired - closed account/ No longer part of the Community

@Korth to answer your question, "What does PM do when faced, for example, with a respected member who creates many helpful and informative posts (which are quoted and linked all over the place by other members) yet eventually joins the Dark Side and becomes an annoying greedy spammer/troll whose account must be denied?

We have a process in place to try and communicate with the Community member, if all else fails and the Community member does not abide by the Community terms and conditions, then we would have no choice but to ban the account. While Banning the account, the original posts will still remain active in the Community, however, the user loses access to the Community. 

Hope this helps?

Jeremy

Korth
Mayor / Maire

How does one become (or avoiding becoming) "Retired"?

I also haven't seen anyone labelled "Banned" or whatnot.  What does PM do when faced, for example, with a respected member who creates many helpful and informative posts (which are quoted and linked all over the place by other members) yet eventually joins the Dark Side and becomes an annoying greedy spammer/troll whose account must be denied?  I have no plans to do such a thing, lol - but I have seen it occur on many other forums over time, usually because a once-awesome member becomes angry at something (or someone) on the forum and turns passionately vengeful.

@kav2001c wrote:

Hmm now am even more confused than when started

Wondering what progression rankings are based on (tenure, # of posts, # of bravo etc)

Public Mobile = Official Account

Oracle = Premium Member VIP Recognition

The rest are seemingly random...

(and remember there are even more titles for new members etc, I was just trying to figure out how titles were awarded / progressed)

They are not random. They are levels based on badges you have unlocked, bravos you have earned, accepted solution comments etc. 

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Hmm now am even more confused than when started

Wondering what progression rankings are based on (tenure, # of posts, # of bravo etc)

Public Mobile = Official Account

Oracle = Premium Member VIP Recognition

The rest are seemingly random...

(and remember there are even more titles for new members etc, I was just trying to figure out how titles were awarded / progressed)

@NDesai Assuming you mean @Martin, he is taking a break. Hopefully, will return soon. Smiley Frustrated

@Luddite wrote:

Oracles cannot access account info only moderators can. Actually no powers, only enthusiasm, effort to never respond unless sure of the answer, and allowed to post own avatar.

Some have also been known to tell jokes.

Where is your Oracle's leader? I hope he is hanging there ok ©

Oracles cannot access account info only moderators can. Actually no powers, only enthusiasm, effort to never respond unless sure of the answer, and allowed to post own avatar.

Some have also been known to tell jokes.

To my understanding,

Public Mobile - PM Staff Members

Oracle - Details / might have some moderator capabilities but i m not 100% sure.

The following all go together. Obviously when you are new in the community, you start at the bottom. I am a Deputy Mayor and under my profile on my profile page it says "Support Level". Not sure if others have the same title. But we do not have any ability to edit or change anything. We are just like newbies but with different title and more experience i guess. So, all of the following titles are based on your bravos solution comments etc.

Mayor - moderator (NO)

Deputy Mayor - assistant moderator (NO)

Great Citizen / Super Citizen - 

Model Citizen - very good looking citizen (haha)

Good Citizen - 

Great Neighbour - 

Retired - closed account (Yes)

Korth
Mayor / Maire

I'm a little curious about this, too, lol.

"Public Mobile" obviously indicates a paid employee of Public Mobile.

"Oracle" is a special title granted to few wise Jedi elders, as explained here.

Various one-of-a-kind custom titles might be granted to recognize the uniqueness of great members over time.

The rest looks like a standard sort of forum ranking system.  I suspect that advancement is likely gained (mostly) from raw number of posts and (partly) from number of Bravos/Awards received and (a little) from length of membership in days.

Need Help? Let's chat.