cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards

annemarie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I have been a loyal customer with public mobile for approximately 4 years. I kept meaning to look into the rewards program.
Well today was the day. I feel kind of frustrated that despite my loyalty I guess I don't have the "right" plan to earn reward points.
I don't have a data plan, I pay for my service every 30 days. It's not by auto pay, I buy my payment voucher every month and enter the 16 digit code. I would use auto pay if I was able to use my bank account instead of a credit card.
It's not a huge deal or anything, but I think it's kind of unfair.
Anyway that's all I wanted to say. Thanks.
10 REPLIES 10

annemarie
@stonechucker
Thank you so much for your reply.
I'm​ sorry that it took so long for me to reply, but I hardly ever visited the public mobile forums.
I've started to sign in more often though. It's a great place to find answers to any questions I, or anyone else might have regarding A LOT of topics.

Your reply to my rewards question is really great, you're very knowledgeable. ☺

Take care,
annemarie

@annemarie the reason you don't yet have rewards, is because of the legacy plan you're on.  That's the only reason.  But you have the built in savings because of that plan, which essentially nullify the rewards.

As a few of us have mentioned, if you change to a current plan, the rewards available to you will be loaded up right away, as you're already at least 4 years into loyalty rewards ($3 or more per 30 day, $9 or more per 90 day renewals), and turning on AutoPay with a valid payment card is $2 for 30 day, and $6 for 90 day plans.  AND BONUS, if you still prefer to use vouchers to make your payment, you can load them a couple days before AutoPay would kick in, and still receive the rewards.

You'll need to do the math for yourself, but switching to a new plan may workout very close in cost, and could give you something new in your package (ie more data, or even new data!).

annemarie
I tried to edit my post because you explained about rewards and the fact that I pay every month, although not with auto pay but by payment voucher.

I didn't want you to think that I didn't fully read your post.
I wasn't able to edit my post. I kept getting an error message.
So that is the (probably dumb) reason that I just replied to my reply to you.

Thanks again,
🙂

annemarie
Wow you are very knowledgeable...Lol
I have always paid on a monthly basis, and I haven't used auto pay. Every month I buy a payment voucher.
Would I still qualify for rewards? I probably should look for the answer myself.. I have been with Public for longer than 4 years actually. I was thinking about it after I posted that.. it's been 5 + years actually.
Like I said though, because I pay month to month I haven't seen any rewards.

Thanks for your reply.
👍 😉

@annemarie According to the timeline from your responce to imm1304's post, you would be eligible to receive full loyalty discount (5 years $5 off and x3 on a 90 days plan). 

Let me give you an example how much you will save. 

Best plan for bucks, Province-wide talk/Global text/6GB all on 90 days for $120.

You can use $6 AutoPay and $15 loyalty rewards and this brings the total to $99 🙂 (you have to pay all at the beginning but its like $33/30 days). On top of this, you can earn referral rewards to bring your cost down even more. Now, tell me where else you save this much Smiley Tongue

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

^ Oh wow. I had no idea about that, but that's a great option for Pioneers who switch over to new plans. 

There was a thread a few weeks ago from another member on a grandfathered no rewards plan.  They too were looking to see if they could change plan options, and we were able to determine that the plan cost would be slightly increased, including rewards that became available.

As you're a 4 year member, if yo uwere to switch to a reward eligible plan, you'd automatically recieve $3 per 30 days off a new planl  If you sign up for autopay, that would be another $2 off per 30 days, with a credit card, or visa debit card (I know... it's not a voucher, but setting up a credit card, and paying ahead of time with vouchers still works).

If you were to increase from your current 30 day plan, to a new 90 day plan, the prices reduction is built in already, so again, you're saving money.

I've only been here since the summer of 2016, but I'm seeing so many great things, I'm trying to refer friends (also a reward saving option), but most of my friends still want the call centre because they think that's more efficient than online support.

Please look at your options.  You will get the loyality rewards when switching as you've been here for 4 years...  You'll be surprised what savings you'll get on a new plan.

annemarie
Thanks for that response. ☺
I would have responded to you much sooner but I rarely even sign in to the website.
I truly do appreciate your insight and your kind words.
👍

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @annemarie!  

4 years with PM!  Thats awesome!  I am sure it would be nice to get some form of loyalty reward 🙂

Mayor / Maire

@annemarie I think the reason pioneer customers are not eligible for rewards is mostly because the prices they pay are already significantly lower than what current customers are paying.

Need Help? Let's chat.