Did you mean: 

Refer-a-Friend Reward

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Updated on June 8, 2018

The Refer a Friend Reward

How does it work?

It’s simple: you will earn $1 every 30 days for each friend you refer to Public Mobile who enters your phone number in the Referral box during activation. Plus, your friend will receive a one-time credit of $10. You’ll continue to earn Rewards on plan renewal dates as long as your friends remain active customers. If you’re on a 90-day plan, this means you’ll earn $3 every 90 days for each friend.

How do I refer a friend?

When your friend is activating their SIM card, they will need to enter your 10-digit Public Mobile phone number. If your friend forgets to enter your number, we can’t manually apply the credit to your account, so make sure they do it right the first time! Below is what the referral field looks like:

Fig4.png

Who Can Earn Rewards?

To be eligible to earn Rewards, you must have:

1. A Rewards-eligible plan:

• All in-market plans as of January 27, 2015, with the exception of 10-day plans, are eligible for Rewards. Plans offered between May 9, 2014 and January 26, 2015 are not eligible.

2. An active account:

• Your account must be active and in good standing to earn and use Rewards. It cannot be in a suspended or deactivated status. For example: if you earn Rewards and immediately go into a suspended state because of a late payment, you will not be able to use your Rewards until you have made that payment.
  • Your Community account must use the same email address as your Self-Serve account in order to receive Community Rewards. 

Considerations for Rewards-ineligible Customers

Customers who are on a Legacy / Pioneer or 10-day plan not eligible for Rewards. If you are a Legacy / Pioneer customer and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, please note:

• Rewards will not be applied retroactively: Rewards will only be earned from the date you switched to an eligible plan.
  • Your tenure began when you first activated with Public Mobile. For instance, if you joined 3 years ago on a Legacy plan, and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, your Loyalty Reward will begin at $3 per 30 days.
  • Referral Rewards are not retroactive. Only referrals made after switching to a Rewards-eligible plan will be counted.

How many Rewards can I earn?

You can earn up to your current plan value in Rewards, reducing it to $0. Once you reach the value of your plan, you will not be able to accumulate any further Rewards in that plan period, and you will not be able to save Rewards and apply them to future months.

Here’s an example of how you could get your plan down to $0:

1. You are on a $45, 30-day plan
  2. You have been with Public Mobile for 5 years
  3. You signed up for AutoPay
  4. You occasionally help others out in the Community
  5. You referred 36 friends to Public Mobile who are still active members

You will earn $5 in Loyalty Rewards + $2 in AutoPay Rewards + $2 Community Rewards + 36 referrals at $1/30 days. That’s $45 in total Rewards, and a sweet $0 plan!

When are Rewards applied to my account?

Here are some things you should keep in mind about our Rewards program:

• All earned Rewards are applied to your account on your plan renewal date, before your payment is processed.
  • There are exceptions to the above statement:
    • Community Rewards are reviewed between the 1st and 6th of every month, and applied to your account after the review period on your payment due date. If your payment due date is during the review period, your Rewards will be applied on your next payment due date.
    • If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.
    • If you set up AutoPay at activation, your first AutoPay reward will be automatically credited to your Self-Serve account after activation. After that, you will receive an AutoPay reward at each renewal date before payment is processed.
  • Based on the Rewards you have earned in your previous plan cycle, up to four different credits (one per Reward type) will be applied to your account the night of your payment due date.
  • If your account is deactivated and you have unused Rewards on it, those Rewards will be lost.

How do I know when I've earned Rewards?

Whenever a reward has been successfully applied to your account, we will send you a text message to let you know. To check the Rewards you’ve earned, log in to Self-Serve and check the ‘My Rewards’ section in the Overview Tab. You can also select the ‘My Rewards’ button and see all the Rewards you’ve earned since joining Public Mobile.

Below is an example of what you would see from the Overview tab, for a customer who has been with Public less than 1 year, and has no referrals:

Fig2.png

Below is an example of what the ‘My Rewards’ section looks like, for the same account:

Fig3.png

Other Reward Rules

• Public Mobile reserves the right to change all Rewards at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
  • The Community Reward offer is subject to the reservation rights of Moderation as described in the Community Terms of Service.
413 REPLIES 413

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is there any reason why a mod would need to get authorization to give a credit? ....for $5.00 nonetheless! I find this hard to believe.

I haven't been a customer for even 1 month and I am finding there is too much involved here for just $10.00. 

Is there anyone I can speak with? Email? Phone? That can straighten this nonsense out?

TMS

I have received this email. At first I was told the $10.00 referral cannot be applied and ONLY the person who referred me would receive $1.00/month credit. - I found this extremely bizarre as it was out of hands and the error was created by the Walmart employee .

Now, it can, but only $5.00.

"

After consultations, the best I can do is to apply $5 credit to your account. Please confirm if you agree with this so I can proceed.

Awaiting your reply,

Aïssata"

I cannot agree. If it was my fault I would have walked away. The Walmart employee was having a difficult time, maybe she was a new employee. All I know is that my phone number, that I gave the Walmart employee, was correct and what she did with it I had absolutely no control over.

a1_gaurav
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got $10 credit into my account as I was referred to by somebody. Generally it takes 2 days for it to credit I believe.

TMS

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@NDesai wrote:
@ShawnC13@ @ wrote

@TMS wrote:

I went to Walmart and she signed me up to Public Mobile .:) A very "rushed experience".

I spoke to a mod and they were able to give my referrer the $1.00 per month, but not the $10.00 for me. ???

Have any others received their $10.00? I just don't feel this is right when Walmart was to blame. 

Seems very strange as we have always been told referrals MUST be done at time of activation and can't be done retroactively.  So not sure why they can now give yoru referrer the $1.00 when they couldn't before

I think you missed the memo 🙂

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Martin-s-Corner/This-week-s-updates-January-10/m-p/21...

Why can't they add the $10.00 for this person then?  That doesn't make sense if they can do it retroactively

The MOD response....

I'veadded the phone number xxx-xxx-xxxx in your account as your referral. Your friend will earn $1 every 30 days as long as your account remains active.

However, I'm afraid that I can't manually apply the $10 credit to your account since it's done automatically by the system during the activation.

On another note, I can confirm that your friend's account was active longer than what I mentioned previously; actually, it was on 11/04/2016.

Thank you for your understanding, have yourself a wonderful day 🙂

Cheers,

Aïssata

@NDesai wrote:
@ShawnC13@ @ wrote

@TMS wrote:

I went to Walmart and she signed me up to Public Mobile .:) A very "rushed experience".

I spoke to a mod and they were able to give my referrer the $1.00 per month, but not the $10.00 for me. ???

Have any others received their $10.00? I just don't feel this is right when Walmart was to blame. 

Seems very strange as we have always been told referrals MUST be done at time of activation and can't be done retroactively.  So not sure why they can now give yoru referrer the $1.00 when they couldn't before

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Martin-s-Corner/This-week-s-updates-January-10/m-p/21...

Why can't they add the $10.00 for this person then?  That doesn't make sense if they can do it retroactively

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

TMS

@NDesai wrote:

@TMS wrote:

I'm fairly new here. 

I tried clicking link "

Access Denied

Yes, you don't suppose to view that 😉

If Walmart has made an error entering the referrals number, how can they still be able to get credit when I am OOL .?

@TMS wrote:

I'm fairly new here. 

I tried clicking link "

Access Denied

Yes, you don't suppose to view that 😉

TMS

TMS

You can then understand how frustrating that can be when they offer him something and me nothing. 

It was a very quick process at Walmart. When she put in his number, she caught an error with the number the first time eetering. Hopefully someone else doesn't get a $1.00 referral too? Lol

@ShawnC13@ @ wrote

@TMS wrote:

I

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@TMS wrote:

I agree with that, because if that is possible, I have a referral that screwed up the number. With that said, I'm pretty sure there is no way to get that back on track referral wise.

retsina

@cserif72 wrote:
I referred a friend back when they first opened and received the 10.00 but they are still using pubic mobile and I have not received anything since .

Please see one of the above replies by @NDesai.

"You will need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team with your account info and an explanation."

@TMS wrote:

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

TMS

@cserif72 wrote:
I referred a friend back when they first opened and received the 10.00 but they are still using pubic mobile and I have not received anything since .

If you received $10, then you were referred by someone (ie, you wrote someone else's number when activating your account), and it normal your are not getting anything else (the other person whose number you wrote is the one receiving $1/30 days).

cserif72

alexs-20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You are right, it took 24h. Thanks.

@alexs-20 wrote:

I just signed up with my friend referal mumber. He got refer-a-friend notification, but on my side i did not receive the $10 one time reward.

Has it been more than 72 hours as that how long it can take to show in your account.

alexs-20

I just signed up with my friend referal mumber. He got refer-a-friend notification, but on my side i did not receive the $10 one time reward.

kotsy

Done.

Thanks so much for your help

@kotsy wrote:

I had a friend sign up more than 6 months ago (or so) and I got a referral bonus because of it. I just checked today and am no longer receiving the award even though my friend is still a customer. What would be the quickest way to resolved this issue?

You will need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team with your account info and an explanation.

kotsy

I had a friend sign up more than 6 months ago (or so) and I got a referral bonus because of it. I just checked today and am no longer receiving the award even though my friend is still a customer. What would be the quickest way to resolved this issue?

Ba

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Ba wrote:

Hi, can I activate a second number (another plan) for myself at Walmart before the end of this month and get the $20 promotion + $10 referral for the second number and my first number will also get the $1 Refer-a-Friend Reward on every renewal date?

Thanks!

@Ba

You can have as many numbers as you want!

To use your first account for referral you must enter its number into the form at time of activation, it can't be applied retroactively.

Each of the numbers need their own account and e-mail.

Also remember that your second account needs to stay active in order get continued referral rewards for the first account.

Thank you!

@Ba wrote:

Hi, can I activate a second number (another plan) for myself at Walmart before the end of this month and get the $20 promotion + $10 referral for the second number and my first number will also get the $1 Refer-a-Friend Reward on every renewal date?

Thanks!

@Ba

You can have as many numbers as you want!

To use your first account for referral you must enter its number into the form at time of activation, it can't be applied retroactively.

Each of the numbers need their own account and e-mail.

Also remember that your second account needs to stay active in order get continued referral rewards for the first account.

Ba

Thanks!

chiaki_05

Hello everybody! I'm new to this community (and to PM, and to Toronto... but that's another story) so please excuse me if this request in not allowed.
I was wondering if any of you would pm me their number to get referred when I will buy the SIM at Walmart - is the refer a friend 1 time only bonus still available for new users?

Thanks a bunch guys!

Just make sure they DO wrote your number at sign up, because if they forget nothing can be done to fix it...

Janterry
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi, you don’t have to add him, he needs to add you when he signs up, by putting your phone number in the referred by section.  Then you should get a text from PM saying that you successfully referred a friend.  It should show up on your account after that.

va3jmf

Hi I just referred a friend to public mobile and I don’t now how to add him online on my account 

I saw this morning on Facebook, in an add previously posted by Public Mobile, the graphic describing the 1 GB for referrer and the referee. 

It's expired!! Stop using the ad (on facebook), and get rid of the offer during activation, if it's not available.

Maybe Legacy / Pioneer members could have a break on the Feb 15th increase if you stop advertising expired promos!

Need Help? Let's chat.