cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a Friend Reward Experts needed

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Hi again,

So you may know I am on legacy plan, however I'll be changing to current plans either today or tomorrow (I am waiting for an answer to the question I am asking here to do the change. I sent private message to mods but I am confused with their first answer, and now I am eager to make the switch and I'm too impatient to wait for their second answer... Be sure to note, they are not slow, I am to impatient 😉 ). That's why I have been asking lots of questions and reading lot of posts here... I know I have complained about current prices and current plans not being suited to me... Anyways, looks like I found a bunch of people to make the switch to PM Smiley Happy

I am planning to do the following:

• May 4th to June 2nd
    30-day province-wide plan
    $27 - $2 autopay - $2 loyalty = $23
  • Sometime while my first 30 days pass by:
    - refer friends (for example lets say 4 friends)
    - set up a future plan change before the promo expires
  • June 3rd-August 31st
    90-day promo province-wide+text plan
    $81 - $6 autopay - $6 loyalty = $69

My question for you: when and how much will be the refer a friend reward applied to my acount? Basically, can you tell me what $XX will be? (I think it could be $4, since I refer the friends while on a 30-day plan, or $12, since I am renewing for a 90-day plan) (could it also be $0 and only starting to apply to my September 1st renewal?)

1. May 4th:                                $27 - $2 autopay - $2 loyalty = $23
  2. June 3rd:                               $81 - $6 autopay - $6 loyalty - $XX referal = $
  3. September 1st and ongoing: $81 - $6 autopay - $6 loyalty - $12 referal = $57

Thanks!

16 REPLIES 16

Thanks again for your answers.

So far my friend rewards are working perfectly.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kav2001c  I found this old thread  and this one re phantom referrals, I recal several others. where people have mentioned reward bugs.  and I aslo have a frend that refered one person  and immediatly recieved $2/month not $1.  

The reason I mentioned it was just in case the bug was not fixed so that the orriginal poster was aware that they could get a happy surprise.  

On aother side note  the phantom rewards happened to me as well, and on two occasions when i signed up a new person i actually got a sms saying a friend had left and a reward was deducted.  I had to contact a mod with all my referals so they could look into it. That is why i always suggest keeping a manual track of referrals.

There are all kinds of random bugs in rewards system

I saw a person who signed up during the $40 12GB promo already has a loyalty credit (how? lol)

I don't think system gives you double rewards @mimmo

From what I have seen sometimes you randomly get refers (if you look at numbers referred you won't know them)

It is probably based on number being recycled or something

@Someone_here definately keep a log of numbers referred. Sooner or later you will need it (my account cracked twice and needed mods to correct)

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Just a side note. Not sure if the bug had been fixed but sometimes you might get double credit per referral IE $2 instead of $1.

Also I recommend keeping a separate /manual record of your referalls incase they are "lost or don't show" up.

Thanks for your answers!

So after 1h02 on the phone, I lost the ability to lose another 1h on the phone 😉

Not legacy anymore, hopefully I won't regret it!

As for friend referal, I'll keep you updated as to what happens...

Raven_Jet
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Yes and if it doesn't you need to contact a mod.

Does the referal comes back if they start paying again (if their account wasn't suspended for more than 90 days of course)?

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Might want to note, if the friend stops paying for their PM service for any reason, you loose the referal. 

@Someone_here I'm not sure what other posters are talking about...

My renewal date is May 20

I refered a new person on Tues (May 2) and the referal amount is ALREADY in my account

As far as I know it has always been like this UNLESS there was a bug and referal did not work (in which case a mod needs to add it)

But either way the refer credit is applied on your cycle, it is irrelevant what others cycle is

(only way this would be an issue would be if someone paid bill late I suppose, but since most people enroll in autopay it really doesn't happen much)

Your cycle is what matters, not referal cycle

If you are on 90 day plan you INSTANTLY see $3 even if person you refer is on 30 day (or 10 day) plan

Yes, you should get $12 if you successfully refer 4 friends before the June renewal. Make sure to refer them at least 2 weeks before June as it might take some time for referral rewards to show up in your account.

So basically the referal appears in your account at the end of each referee's cycle (and not at the end of your own cycle)?

Raven_Jet
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
So what that means is if the referral stays the course of their 90 days or 30 days... whatever their plan is. You will start with $1 a month per referral until the $3 per 90 days.

You get $1/30 days per referral.

So since June 3rd is my renewing date, and my account will renew for 90 days, you are telling me I would get $12 off on June 3rd?

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Simply put this way, i doesnt matter you on 90 days plan or monthly.  discount will acumulate in your account monthly.   YOu will see it in your self server control panel.

Applying is different, discount will be applied on your own renewing date, if 90 days then it will apply around 3 months of discount;  if 30 days, then every 30days the discount will applied on  your renew date.

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Hi again,

So you may know I am on legacy plan, however I'll be changing to current plans either today or tomorrow (I am waiting for an answer to the question I am asking here to do the change. I sent private message to mods but I am confused with their first answer, and now I am eager to make the switch and I'm too impatient to wait for their second answer...). That's why I have been asking lots of questions and reading lot of posts here... I know I have complained about current prices and current plans not being suited to me... Anyways, looks like I found a bunch of people to make the switch to PM 🙂

I am planning to do the following:

• May 4th to June 2nd
    30-day province-wide plan
    $27 - $2 autopay - $2 loyalty = $23
  • Sometime while my first 30 days pass by:
    - refer friends (for example lets say 4 friends)
    - set up a future plan change before the promo expires
  • June 3rd-August 31st
    90-day promo province-wide+text plan
    $81 - $6 autopay - $6 loyalty = $69

My question for you: when and how much will be the refer a friend reward applied to my acount? Basically, can you tell me what $XX will be? (I think it could be $4, since I refer the friends while on a 30-day plan, or $12, since I am renewing for a 90-day plan) (could it also be $0 and only starting to apply to my September 1st renewal?)

1. May 4th:                                $27 - $2 autopay - $2 loyalty = $23
  2. June 3rd:                               $81 - $6 autopay - $6 loyalty - $XX referal = $
  3. September 1st and ongoing: $81 - $6 autopay - $6 loyalty - $12 referal = $57

Thanks!

Need Help? Let's chat.