Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Anniversary Badge

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Ok have to be the guy that asks

What the heck is up with this badge?

It *seems* like it should be awarded to people who have been with Public 2 years (like me!)

Yet it shows Public awarded over 20,000 members with this badge, including those who have brand new accounts and just registered???

Many of them have 2 Anniversary badge but no 1 Anniversary badge lol

What gives???

20 REPLIES 20

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kav2001c wrote:

And a Star Wars badge which I have no idea how earned but many other people got back in May

May the 4th be with you ... 😜

I was a lurker (self titled) back in December 2015 when I first started thinking of switching.

Soo many threads I read for research purposes.  I wanted to make sure I knew what I was getting into, besides the less expensive costs of the plans.

@Chaos_Scorpio there actually is a 1 year anniversary badge as well (I never got that one either, despite being on forums and active at the time)

And a Star Wars badge which I have no idea how earned but many other people got back in May

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Where is my 6-9 month anniversary badge ... lol (I got the 2 year but max 9 month here...)

Nice bug find!

@zhadj030 wrote:
@SD08 the use of "lurk" in your post cracked me up, it's as if we are looking for criminals XD

The connotations are not the most complementary.  However, it is part of the urban dictionary. 

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=lurk

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@zhadj030 wrote:
@SD08 the use of "lurk" in your post cracked me up, it's as if we are looking for criminals XD

@zhadj030

Haha, yeah the word does sound funny, but it's actually a common enough thing that, in internet parlance, lurk is the term for it.  I don't think there is anything wrong with lurking either.  A lot of people could solve their own issues by simply taking the time to read or search the forum, especially the knowledge base articles.

SD08

@will13am wrote:

@SDO8 wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@kav2001c Where do you see the number of badges awarded? To quote Jeremy, a badge to "everyone who joined Public Mobile since March, 2015". 

Hopefully you are not correct and only 20,000 joined in the last 2 years. Robot LOL

Under the badge, Earned by 20.6k.

Unless I'm mistaken, I think that 20K that earned that badge would not include people that joined PM but don't have a community account.  I believe badges can only be earned by those who have a community account, even if it's inactive.

I am sure that this is the explanation. Public Mobile would have folded up the tent if this was their new subscriber count.  

@will13am

Indeed.  I'm sure PM added plenty more subscribers than that during their Fall Promo alone.

@SDO8 wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@kav2001c Where do you see the number of badges awarded? To quote Jeremy, a badge to "everyone who joined Public Mobile since March, 2015". 

Hopefully you are not correct and only 20,000 joined in the last 2 years. Robot LOL

Unless I'm mistaken, I think that 20K that earned that badge would not include people that joined PM but don't have a community account.  I believe badges can only be earned by those who have a community account, even if it's inactive.

I am sure that this is the explanation. Public Mobile would have folded up the tent if this was their new subscriber count.  

cricketfan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Atleast now I know how many members are in the community this way. 😁

I believe pretty much everyone got this badge, rendering it meaningless. 

SD08

@kav2001c wrote:

@SD08 that still can't be right

We don't have 20,000+ people posting on here

And if no posts I can't imagine why they would register

That's not 20K people posting currently, of course.  If you look at the All-time bravos list, there are 4664 members who have earned at least 1 bravo.  There will be even more people that have posted but received no bravos, especially if they posted because of an account/service issue.  The ones requesting help are not the ones who tend to get the bravos -- they join the community only to get their problem solved, then they don't return, but they are still counted as members.  And then there are those that join for information/announcements like @NDesai mentioned.  I'm sure there are many people who simply "lurk", just like with other internet boards.   So that 4664 probably represents the tip of the iceberg in terms of community members.

@kav2001c wrote:

Oddly, after posting about it I now have the badge suddenly

Cat Surprised

I believe we do. There are many inactive users just come to find solution or just for annoucements. 

Oddly, after posting about it I now have the badge suddenly

Cat Surprised

SD08

@NDesai wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@Luddite what really caught my eye were the members who joined during the past fall promo (so only 3 to 4 months of tenure) who were all awarded the badge

It is a glitch I am sure

'ta @NDesai Had to rummage around to find that page of my badges; never looked at it before.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Maybe they gave it to everyone who is registered on their 2nd anniversary?  Does seem like a glitch though

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.