cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neo911
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi,

I have observed that we are required to sign in separately if we want to access 'my account' and PM community account.

Maybe PM could link the two accounts. Following options could be considered:

- If the PM community member is also a PM customer (holds an active connection), he can go to PM community page directly once he is already logged into his 'my account'.

- Currently, If I am logged into 'my account' and if I want to go to PM community page, it asks me to again sign with PM community id and password.

- Since the email id is same on my account and community page, we could do with single sign-in on 'my account'. The PM community account and self-serve account are already linked with the email id and this way we also get credit for the community rewards.

- I guess most of us have a look at our account before going to PM community. So its kind of annoying to sign in again to view the PM community page/account.

It could save a few clicks everytime we visit both the accounts.

4 Comments
geogolem
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@neo911 wrote:

Hi,

I have observed that we are required to sign in separately if we want to access 'my account' and PM community account.

Maybe PM could link the two accounts. Following options could be considered:

- If the PM community member is also a PM customer (holds an active connection), he can go to PM community page directly once he is already logged into his 'my account'.

- Currently, If I am logged into 'my account' and if I want to go to PM community page, it asks me to again sign with PM community id and password.

- Since the email id is same on my account and community page, we could do with single sign-in on 'my account'. The PM community account and self-serve account are already linked with the email id and this way we also get credit for the community rewards.

- I guess most of us have a look at our account before going to PM community. So its kind of annoying to sign in again to view the PM community page/account.

It could save a few clicks everytime we visit both the accounts.

I believe that this issue described in this post though not the same is perhaps related to the following post: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Terminate-Guest-Bravo-Rights/idi-p/66761

I agree that it would be simpler to have a single sign on but I also recognize that sometimes people have issues creating a public mobile account or accessing their public mobile self serve account and thus might not be able to sign into self serve but need to make an account or sign onto the the community in order to get help...

ON the other side of the spectrum there are probably people who are public mobile customers who did not and are not having any issues and are not even aware of the community or dont even have a community account...

Perhaps public mobile should make the community be the first point of entry and then a community user could attach a service account to their community account - and single sign on afterwards. This way every public mobile user would have a community account and corresponding service account - this could be implemented in a single sign on way.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@geogolem boo-urns. There are many ideas about a single log in (incl mine) earlier than that

Status changed to: Under Consideration
Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @neo911,

This is a great idea, and others have thought so too! To check out their post, and further support this idea, so that it becomes a higher priority, click here.

Status changed to: Brand new
David_J
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.