cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I think PM should, as part of its evolution, eventually allow their Guests to be able to Transfer $$$ and Data between A/C's, would make it more convenient and flexible, and a DIYS type service

9 Comments
stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

I don't see this happening anytime soon, if ever for that matter.  Too many things would need to change, and I believe it's already been suggested, perhaps by you, and declined by PM.

Right now, if you wish to gift money to someone else, buy a voucher.  Give them a prepaid credit card for their next service renewal.

to make this idea work, PM would need to change their system(s) to allow multiple SIM cards per account.  I don't see this happening for a no frills, prepaid service such as Public Mobile, at least not without increasing fees for everyone, many of whom would not see any benefit from the change.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@stonechucker, totally agree with you I don't see a reason that PM would go and do this.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Fat chance of this happening.  What's in it for Public Mobile to do this?  

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile USED to do this

They had quite a few features that Telus nixed in take over

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@will13am money is what they used to get out of it

@ShawnC13 & @stonechucker too negative guys

You guys all realize Public used to have lots of stuff before Telus takeover right?

Long before Rogers dreamed of it

public credit2.pngpublic credit1.jpg

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@kav2001c, whether Public Mobile did these things before doesn't seem to matter now, as Telus has cut those services, in favour of a bare bones, no frills, service model.  I'm not trying to be negative, but I really don't see why Telus would bring back something they cut, or let die off when they aquired the company.

I've only been aware of Public Mobile sincne December 2015, and I can only go on what I've seen since that time.  I think it's great that PM offered these things before, but someone made the decisson to cut them, and chances are they will not come back.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@stonechucker, I agree with you.  That was then, this is now.  The fact that Public Mobile is trying to do away with the call center says it all about how much of the past they wish to retain.  

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Sorry @makkahn28 and @kav2001c, while I understand the desire for more features, I feel that @stonechucker, @ShawnC13 and @will13am have really nailed it.  These don't seem like essential services for the majority of customers, regardless of whatever PM used to offer pre-Telus.  I happen to like the keep-it-simple approach that PM offers and would rather see them spend their time and money cleaning up existing issues and making existing scenarios easier, clearer, and less error-prone.  I guess I'd support this idea conditionally, only after PM have executed on about a dozen other ideas in the lab (some of which are ideas I've submitted--so I'm not impartial here, fully admit it!)

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

^ Telus has a similar philosphy to 90's rappers:

If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense. (cents)

I can't see them employing this idea as it wouldn't increase revenue in any plausible way - and would actually probably increase expense as they would require an additional resource to deal with exceptions and fallouts for when transfers didn't work properly. 

Need Help? Let's chat.