cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi PM.  There has been a fairly regular stream of people posting in recent memory asking about an inability to reactivate a suspended account onto a new plan, and being unable to do so.  This came up in a recent discussion in the oracle area, where @Jeremy_M confirmed that this isndeed currently impossible to do yourself in self-serve, and that the system was designed this way.  At Jeremy's suggestion, I'm here to ask for that to change.

Sometime's people circumstances change, and they may need to select a different plan just to restore their service.  I'm sure you could imagine various reasons why this might be needed.  The current system is a bit frustrating as you have to reactive on your current plan and then either (a) schedule a plan change for next renewal and wait, (b) change it right away and forfeit the payment you just made, or (c) contact a moderator for assistance.  If your account was suspended, (b) is almost certainly not an option, and if you are indeed short on cash and needing a cheaper plan for a while to stay in contact, then (a) isn't ideal either.  Which leads most people to (c), or a variation of (c) where they can't just reactivate their previous plan and need help.

I can't see why reactivating and plan change could not be combined into a single step, provided you have or can add the funds to pay for the new plan you want right away.

Thanks for your consideration!

6 Comments
stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

All for this!  Bravo to be applied in 3.... 2..... 1.....

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Another good idea to help reduce user frustration.  The ability to change plans on expiry seems like a very logical thing to be able to do.

BrrMcGrr
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Agree, this is a step that is needed to aleviate frustration with some users.

Maturity
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Totally agree with this and I do not understand the reason for this intentional limitation. For me it would be cheaper and faster to just order a new SIM and move to the plan I want. Cheaper because the SIM costs less than even the 10-day plan and faster because the SIM would arrive before even a 10 day plan expires. In my case I purchased a 10-day plan to make sure that Public works with my device. Now I want to turn it on I can't, have to say that I question the point of a self-service carrier if you can't well service your account... Just my $0.02 (which rounds to $0.00 these days) M
srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@David_J now that you're back to reviewing some lab ideas, can you please give this one some consideration?  I've been seeing this very frequently lately in the community.  Thank you!

lockedoutagain
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

....absolutely, especially since the other unreasonable frustrating element, is getting locked out of your account because you cannot hatch the verification "question" that is case sensitive as a requirement for restoring either a username or a password!!!! sooooo, because I am new here, and am all for logic, I too started to see the alternative NEED to go Buy a NEW SIM, since with my three month cycle, which did NOT renew on AutoPay, could now only be topped up with multiple vouchers at a $2 premium each.... aaaand in amounts that have nothing to do with the tarif grid !!!!!

@srlawren wrote:

Hi PM.  There has been a fairly regular stream of people posting in recent memory asking about an inability to reactivate a suspended account onto a new plan, and being unable to do so.  This came up in a recent discussion in the oracle area, where @Jeremy_M confirmed that this isndeed currently impossible to do yourself in self-serve, and that the system was designed this way.  At Jeremy's suggestion, I'm here to ask for that to change.

Sometime's people circumstances change, and they may need to select a different plan just to restore their service.  I'm sure you could imagine various reasons why this might be needed.  The current system is a bit frustrating as you have to reactive on your current plan and then either (a) schedule a plan change for next renewal and wait, (b) change it right away and forfeit the payment you just made, or (c) contact a moderator for assistance.  If your account was suspended, (b) is almost certainly not an option, and if you are indeed short on cash and needing a cheaper plan for a while to stay in contact, then (a) isn't ideal either.  Which leads most people to (c), or a variation of (c) where they can't just reactivate their previous plan and need help.

I can't see why reactivating and plan change could not be combined into a single step, provided you have or can add the funds to pay for the new plan you want right away.

Thanks for your consideration!

Need Help? Let's chat.