cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"My add-ons"(Data) not resetting after renewal period

TheAdminAaron
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Solved: I accidentally misread the values. 

Hello,

I bought the Fall Promo 12GB for three months and when it renewed last month(Feb 16th), my data usage counter did not reset? Is anyone else having this issue?

data.PNG

It's not really a problem, i just want to make sure i don't get charged for going over. 

Loving the switch to Public mobile Smiley Happy

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If anyone would like to see the data usage display made clearer, please review and consider up-voting (bravo'ing) this idea I just posted:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Make-data-usage-clearer-in-self-serve-perha...

Thank you!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

Ah, I finally found the previous thread:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Urgent-Bad-internet-Add-ons-after-auto-pay...

Same issue.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@TheAdminAaron you're reading it wrong.  You've used 1296MB, that's 1.296 GB out of your 12GB.  Your data did reset, and you've used about 10% of it since then.

It's funny, I'm getting a huge case of deja-vu on this thread, we had a nearly identical question not that long ago but I can't find it for the life of me.  But yeah, everything worked as expected, you just need to read the data usage a little more closely.  🙂

Did it just happen recently? 

Never seen thing bug before like above poster said.  🙂   

No overage fee in PM prepaid.

SD08

An alternative to tracking data usage through the PM site is the app "My Data Manager" (by Mobidia Technology).  It can be customized to PM's 90-day plans.  I find it quite accurate.

imm1304

Hey @TheAdminAaron,

It looks like you have used just a little more than 1GB so far in 2 weeks since your plan renewed on the 16th of Feb.

I have not heard of this porblem before in my 19 months with PM.  Elaborate more on what was the data counter showing after your plan renewed?   I am a bit confused because the 1200MB of data usage in the first 2 weeks is not suspicious or excessive for most people.  So it looks normal to me.  

Also, you will never get overage charges with PM.  Everything is prepaid so no surprise bills to pay later.  

SD08

PM is an entirely prepaid service, so there is no possibility of going over and getting charged extra.  When your data runs out, it simply stops.

Need Help? Let's chat.