cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

purchased US Roaming plan.

takatomon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

I just purchased a $20 add-on US Roaming plan and I'm wondering on certain things (10 day plan)

- I'm presuming that the plan is effective immediately once purchased online, correct?

- Considering that this is a transaction, should I not be expecting an email/text that it's been purchased?  It shows up on my account but i don't have any receipt/email to confirm this 

Please assist me in answering the above, thanks

6 REPLIES 6

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lewis sorry my reply to @RogerI wasn't clear--yes I've received all of those messages with a US Roaming pack for sure!  It's the amber alerts I've never received, either while in Canada or travelling in the US with roaming add-on.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Lewis
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi mate, please see attached picture on the text message on datause that I receive while using the 1 gb roaming package in US

IMG_9921.PNG

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RogerI not that I know of, I've never received one personally.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

RogerI
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have ordered a couple of add-ons (both the $8 and $15 LD plans).

They are operational right away. Once I hit the purchase button (for the second time), I could phone the UK. I never received any email or text notification, which is not a problem. I have never had to reset the phone to get it to work.

And, yes, the two step process must be remembered.

Interesting, I was in the US recently. I did not purchase the US add-in (I have a US phone), but I did receive several informational PM texts, one of which was about adding the US option. I also received an Amber Alert in the mid of the night, with the phone talking to me. Very loud! Do we have that here in Canada? Everyone else in the area received it too.

At the worst if you dont recieve a text or email, you will see it in you payment history.

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

the US romaning plan is active once you purchase it. To add to this, purchasing add ons are a two step process. The first is selecting the add on that adds funds into your account. After this, you select the add on again, to make it active.

I have not purchased any add ons, but once its active it should appear in your self-serve. not sure about a text message though. Also its recommended after you add an add on, you restart your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.