cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming

Sgosse91
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
If I purchase the talk text and data add on do I also need to purchase the long distance us calling add on? How does roaming work? I want to make sure I don't come back with a huge bill
7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@manilablitz19, as @Sgosse91 mentioned, purchasing add-ons is a confusing, two-step process.  The first step takes money from your credit card and adds it to your "available funds", as you have noted.  You then have to go back in and repeat the purchase step in order to *actually* purchase it, and it uses those available funds for the actual purchase.  Hopefully by now you have already taken care of that.

If you'd like to see this process simplified, then when convenient, please review and consider voting up (via the bravo button) this idea to simplify it to a single step:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Purchasing-add-ons-should-be-a-single-step-...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Sgosse91
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Once it gets charged to your account you then have to purchase the US roaming. So click on the add on you want and buy it again. It will just use the money that was just charged to youebaccoubt

manilablitz19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
i just bought add ons for talk, text, data us roaming for $20, but instead of activating the payment went to account balance, somebody can assist?, thank you.

Also it's all online base self serve you can login and check anytime from anywhere for usages and billing and won't get charge since it's prepaid you get only those services what you paid for in advanced

You just need a roaming addon if you only need the service in USA it's will covers USA and Canada wide calling even if you in USA you can still call Canada and off course u can call USA while in USA too
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Sgosse91 quick summary:  If you are getting the talk+text+250MB us roaming add-on, you do NOT need to add anything else to make calls to any Canadian or US phone numbers or to receive calls from anywhere.  You are good to go.  And as @ShawnC13 mentioned, you can never be billed after the fact so no need to worry about that.  Either you pay for something up front and get that service, or you don't get it at all.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Sgosse91, first that is one of the great things about PM you won't come back to a huge bill as there are no roaming fees or overage fees.  It is a prepaid service and nothing more.  If you haven't bought the addon you will not be able to get service.  So as stated it is a two step process of purchasing the addon of your choice then going back in to do it again as the first time it places the money in Available funds the second time will use those available funds.  An Annoying thing but hopefully will get fixed soon.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
If you planning to go USA then u just need a us roaming since this Addon offer USA and Canada wide calling when you in USA and about long distance addon
U only need it if you in Canada and want to call USA or out of province
Here's the link for us roaming which will explain pretty much everything

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Learn-all-about-US-Roaming/ta-p/75772

And here's the long distance addon link
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Province-wide-Canada-wide-and-Long-Dist...

Just make sure add on is added if you planning to go USA add on adding is 2 step process first time when u add add on money usually just transfer to your available funds then go back on main self serve page see if find available in your account then you have to buy add on from available funds
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.