cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming Add-On - When Do The 10 Days Start

asnow
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I will be going to the US in a few weeks. I would like to order the 10 Day Roaming Add-On. When does the 10 days start?

i.e.

a) Do you get the option of choosing the start date when you place the order or

b) Does it go in effect as soon as you place the order and thus, I have to wait until the last minute before leaving for the US to place the order.

6 REPLIES 6

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

These posters all nailed it. 

Hopefullly the process improves at some point, but for now it is, what it is. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The add-on starts right away when purchased.  I put in a labs suggestion to provide for a delay that the customer can choose.  I recall it was something being considered for implementation.  It may not hurt to find that suggestion and up vote it.  It will help my bravo count and maybe make a good thing happen.  Smiley Happy

Because of the glitch mentioned by @CaNuCk07 you could immediately make a one time payment equal to the add-on cost. Then when ready to activate, login to your account and purchase the add-on. You could even do that once you arrive in the USA by using a wifi connection. This is the only way to "delay" activation of any add-on.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@asnow  Also be aware some have been experiencing a glitch, where you have to add the US add-on twice.  Once the money gets added, then the second time it gets added to your account.  I would suggest adding it during Mod support hours just in case.

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire

@asnow

It's start right away would suggust wait until it's get close by the date you are travelling 

also just a heads up buying addon somtime it's a 2 step process 

This has been a common bug with the Addon.  You pay the addon price by credit card 💳 and that money then goes to your available funds.  You then need to go back in and "purchase" the addon again and it will take the money from your available funds amount.

follow this process so you won't have issues 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

the 10 days start from the time of purchase. So if you buy it today, it starts today I believe 

You could always ask a mod @Mary_M

Need Help? Let's chat.