Did you mean: 

US Packages

Jonathan2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have signed up for the following package: 

-6GB DATA

-Unlimited Canada and US Talk

-Unlimited International Text

I will be traveling to the Houston in USA in 2 days from now and will need some data and some talk time as well as texting.  I have an Iphone 6S.   What do I need as it relates to Add on bundles?  The US bundle $20 plan is not clear on how many min I get etc.  I invision needing at least 200 min, and probably at least 200 mb.  I will also be texting quite a bit.  

Please advise on what I will need or if my current plan will work for talk and Text while I'm in the USA and only need US DATA plan.  Thanks,

6 REPLIES 6

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Acekiller it's a bit confusing.

If you need to make and receive calls while in the US, you need one of the US Roaming add-ons that includes talk.  This gives you unlimited airtime for 10 consecutive days starting the moment you add it and ending at midnight eastern time of the 10th day (where the current day is day 1, so it's actually 9.something days) while you are physically in the USA.

If you need to make calls TO the USA while inside Canada, you have two options:

- as part of your plan, you can choose the Canada-wide + USA talk feature.  This gives you unlimited inbound calls from anywhere and outbound calls to USA or Canadian numbers, all while you are inside Canada.

- as a long distances minutes add-on.  As noted these coming in $8/200mins or $15/400 mins and are used while you are in canada to make calls to the USA or to other parts of Canada (if your talk plan is only province-wide).  These only work if you have at least province-wide talk in your plan.  They never expire as long as your account is not deactivated, and you can use them up over any period of time.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jonathan2 - your unlimited canada and US talk plan only refers to while you are in Canada.  When you're in the US, you'll need a US addon.  Any of the US addons that include talk or text are unlimited talk or text, respectively, so you'll be fine there.  Then it's just a matter of picking the data that you want.  

@Acekiller wrote:

There is Unlimited Canada and US Talk?  I thought it was just the $8 or $15 add on?

Screenshot-.jpg

I think this is the base plan the op is talking about...

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There is Unlimited Canada and US Talk?  I thought it was just the $8 or $15 add on?

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

data.JPG

Here is the list of add ons, Talk is unlimited. Texting would also be unlimited. Data add ons for the USA are also a tad expeisnve.

NOTE: Adding add ons are a two step process, so you need to select the add ons to add funds into your account, and then once the funds are in your account, you can select the add on.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

The plans are pretty straight forward,

U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle
Unlimited Talk, Global Text and 250 MB Data for just $20 for 10 days
$20
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle
Unlimited Talk and Global Text for just $15 for 10 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.