cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to find a specific plan I was looking at on Friday

SirKibble
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello!

I am new to public mobile. I picked out what plan I wanted and ordered a SIM card on Friday (2017, April 22.) The plan I was looking at was 90 day, canada-wide talk, global text, and 6GB data for $99. Now that I have my SIM card and I am ready to set it up, the same plan is showing as $135. Am I doing something wrong or was there a huge price increase in the last 2 days?

12 REPLIES 12

It was recommended. I've heard stories about a few people who got their port stuck from Telus. Didn't wanna take a chance aha.

brobinson5662
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@xCameron94x wrote:

since you are porting from Telus. I recommend using a different email for your self-serve account (different from yout Telus one) and pick a temp number first, and then port the number over. Just because Telus and Koodo share the same system, there are sometimes glitches 

Is this a glitch only sometimes? I used the same email and ported my number from Telus without any hassle.

Maybe I was just lucky!

@SirKibble Here's my longish list of other items to consider during activation:

Read: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/The-Guide-to-Headache-Free-PM-Signup/m...

Before contacting the moderators please try this:

• clear your browser’s cache and restart your computer
  • turn off any popup/ad blocker
  • if you have a long name(s) enter short ones
  • be sure your postal code is entered WITHOUT spaces
  • choose any valid Canadian number that is not your own as “Alternate”

If that fails you will need moderator assistance. Send any one of them a private message (if not familiar with that click here for info) with your phone number and whatever items of the following you have:

• PM account email address
  • PM phone number
  • PM SIM card number

Channel your patient persona. 🙏

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@SirKibble

Since you mentioned you order 2 sims if you planning to activate the 2nd sim don't forgot to add your 1st sim number (when activated)  as a refer a friend you will get additional 1 dollar off on 30 plan and 3 dollars off on 90 days plan 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

SirKibble

Thanks. That's what I will do.

@SirKibble
Keep your Telus line active once you port it will disconnect by its self but for porting line has to be active to get the same number

try with differnt number also if still encounter issues try different browser if doesn't work at all then 
Contact mod dept they will help you with the process
In your private message to any moderator include whatever bits of the following info you have:
* PM account email address
* PM phone number
* PM SIM card number
* Detailed explanation
* Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST)
Here is the link for how to contact moderators
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

SirKibble

I tried before reading this and it didn't work "activation failed."

I'll try again with a different email and a temp phone number.

since you are porting from Telus. I recommend using a different email for your self-serve account (different from yout Telus one) and pick a temp number first, and then port the number over. Just because Telus and Koodo share the same system, there are sometimes glitches 

SirKibble

Thanks for the helpful info.

Once I switch I am 100% not going back to Telus. All of the PM plans are much better than what I'm paying now.

@SirKibble

I would suggest since you already have SIM card try the services for a month or 2 it's truly prepaid if don't like it you can cancel it just a suggestion 

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

It is possible that there could've been a price increase, as providers such as koodo, virgin and fido increased their prices. You could get the $55 promo plan, and buy a long distance add on. That way you'd have more data, and the canada wide minutes. However it is still more expensive than what you were looking at 

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire

It's was a system glitch  @SirKibble

but they do have a new promo 12gb  on 90 days plan for 165 dollars 

fews days ago pm was probably preparing this new promo 165 dollars one and because of that there were some technical issue with plan prices which was fixed  Same day

Need Help? Let's chat.