cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since I use my SIM card on two devices, could I get two SIM cards on a single plan

Cindy1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I keep moving my SIM card between a tablet and a laptop Internet stick - which is inconvenient. Could I get two SIM cards that share the same data plan?

7 REPLIES 7

horemans
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

We need more info.. so check the specification sheet.

Does the watch make voice calls? (Without being tethered to a phone via Bluetooth)

Does the watch need data? for maps? For?

Does the watch send sms messages? MMS from a camera?

Might be easier if you tell us the make/model so we can look up the specification sheet online!

Cscro
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I bought a GPS watch for my son, the instructions for using the watch require a SIM CARD, if I use a public mobile' s SIM card of  , What kind of plan should I use to activate the watch??

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@stonechucker wrote:

The set up a hotspot on your laptop, and always leave it on.

Failing that, get a dedicated hotspot somewhere, and set it up so that both your tablet, and the laptop connect to the 3rd device for data connection.

I'd go with this setup.....

Alternatively I have an older LTE model that works like a little router for my sim card. Does the job and get's everyone connected.

Happy Friday Everyone!

The set up a hotspot on your laptop, and always leave it on.

Failing that, get a dedicated hotspot somewhere, and set it up so that both your tablet, and the laptop connect to the 3rd device for data connection.

Cindy1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That would be too easy - my tablet for whaterver reason is not capable to do the hotspot

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Why bother keep swapping the sim card, Cannot you create one device as a hotspot then connect the other to the first?  (keep the sim in the tablet, enable hotspot, connect laptop over wifi to the tablet -- use passwords of course otherwise some random in range could suck up all your data instantly)

That would be MUCH more convenent for you. 

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@Cindy1  unforuntately at this time PM doesnt have any data sahring options.  You ahve 1 plan per sim and thats it.

Need Help? Let's chat.