cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS not working after USA roaming plan

Allison
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hey everyone,

My phone isn't receiving any SMS messages today, which corresponds to the same day that my USA data roaming plan expired.

MMS messages are still working.

Browsing the forums it looks like their might be a correlation between the two...

Thanks
13 REPLIES 13

Canoester

I have had the same problem 3 times this summer after visits to the USA. It seems to me, the change-over should be seamless, and I shouldn't havbe to mess around with network settings or reach out for an administrator to fix this problem every time. I can send and receive phone calls and data works but I can't text. It's crazy that you can't have texting for 24 hours or so after your data plan expires when you visit the USA. I don't think this company is right for me.

DarthFraser

Just for references sake, a moderator was able to fix it right away and my SMS is back up and running. 

DarthFraser

Thanks, I'm in contact with a moderator now and will see how it goes.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@DarthFraser wrote:

It looks like I just ran into this same problem. My US roaming plan just expired and I realized I am not receiveing SMS texts. I tried the above solution of resetting my Network settings on my iPhone 6, but this did not seem to solve the problem. Can someone let me know what was done to solve the issue?

Thanks.

@DarthFraser

This is a known bug that usually resolves itself within a day after expiration. The advised course of action is to reboot your phone after returning to Canada or after the add-on expires. If it doesn't resolve within a day, you should get a moderator's assistance via private message.  They can try re-pushing the SMS service center # in the back-end.  
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Allison
Hi, I've used this package a few times now and every time it does the same thing. It always starts working the next day though, if that's any help.

DarthFraser

It looks like I just ran into this same problem. My US roaming plan just expired and I realized I am not receiveing SMS texts. I tried the above solution of resetting my Network settings on my iPhone 6, but this did not seem to solve the problem. Can someone let me know what was done to solve the issue?

Thanks.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thanks! hihihi, I try 😛 @pakmode

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good stuff @Mary_M

You the best! lol

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @pakmode,

I'm pleased to say that it has been resolved 🙂 Thank you for asking!

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Let us know if it's working now.

Are you on iOS or android 

I would also try network reset if I m on iOS and when you roam in other places as you mention USA SMS service centre number get swap by roaming carrier when you get back to original carrier sometimes that number doesn't change automatically if you on iOS i would try network reset once you do that try sending SMS to your self to check if it's working or not 

good night 

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Allison
Didn't work 😞

I'll message a mod, thanks

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Try taking the SIM card out of your phone for a minute, put it back in, and reboot.

If that doesn't work, then you'll need to send a private message to a moderator for help. Include your phone number and SIM card number.

Need Help? Let's chat.