cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Data Plan - NO LONG WORKING

beehjae
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi All,

Can any admin look at this please? My wife can't use ANY data starting 1.30am today. @Mary_M @Shazia_K

I looked at her account... she doesn't have data in the add-on sections like I do.

We are on the same plan with data.

My self serve says:

Mine.PNG

Her Self serve says:

Hers.PNG

Our Plan:

Plan.PNG

Kind Regards,
Beehjae

23 REPLIES 23

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Excellent news, @beehjae 🙂  Have a great weekend!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

beehjae

Hi @srlawren,

Yes it is now back. It's a relief.

Kind Regards,
beehjae

srlawren

@beehjae any luck?  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@beehjae if not, send a private message to one of the community moderators tomorrow morning and they should be able to help.  They start working at 9AM Eastern time (Toronto/Montreal time zone).  Be sure to include your wife's PM phone number and a description of the issue.  If you're not sure how to locate a moderator and/or send them a private message, please see the two links at the bottom of this reply.  

beehjae

Hi @srlawren,

I will check again tomorrow. I hope it does come back, because it's a real problem after that.

Kind Regards,
Beehjae

srlawren

@beehjae okay quick confirmation:  was today your "AutoPay Next Payment Date"?  If so, then today is actually the final day of your current cycle, and tomorrow is day 1 of your next cycle.  I'm betting this is the case, as it can be unclear when looking in self-serve what date is what.

beehjae
Hi @srlawren,

No! 😞 not yet.

Kind Regards,
Beehjae

srlawren

@beehjae data working today?

@beehjae, glad to hear that the warnings are working and I am sure everything will be all loaded back up tomorrow.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren

@beehjae wrote:

Hi @ShawnC13,

We are yet to see if data comes back tomorrow.

@beehjae given she received the texts first before data stopping working, I'm completely confident that she exhausted her bucket for the current cycle, and that data will start working again after the renewal.

beehjae

Hi @ShawnC13,

Yes, she did tell me this morning (after her night duty), that she receieved a couple of messages. It's odd that she didn't even notice that the first time.

We are yet to see if data comes back tomorrow.

Kind Regards,
Beehjae

@beehjae, just wondering if you found out if your wife got the reminder texts saying she was nearing her data limit?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

As mentionned already , you do receive 2 warning texts about the internet, once you use 75% and the other one is at 95 %.

@beehjae, I really shouldn't stray off topic and interfere with your home life, but just remember happy wife = happy life.  At least the ear drums get good rest.  Anyway, my tranquility is worth at least $3 per month. 

beehjae

Hi @srlawren,

I understand what you're trying to explain. It's just that I am more on the "strict budget" kind of things. Someone isn't looking at their quota...

Well, I do hope, data comes back by the 16th. If it doesn't, that's a big issue.

Kind Regards,
Beehjae

srlawren

@beehjae $3 for an extra GB of data is pretty much a steal.  Just sayin'.  ($9 / approx 3 months for an extra 3 GB works out to approx $3 per month for an extra 1GB per month, if you want to think about it that way).  Give up one grande Starbucks americano per month and break even, but with a lot more data.  Just sayin'. 

beehjae

Hi @will13am,

I ain't gonna pay 9$ for her man! lol

Neat app though.

Kind Regards,
Beehjae

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@beehjae, install the data witness app.  It works pretty well for tracking data usage.  As already suggested, pay the extra $9 and get double the data. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iwik.datawitnesspm&hl=en

beehjae

Hi @ShawnC13,

I will ask her that as well.

If there were data warnings, then I believe PM has done their job.

So it's quite odd that she didn't mention anything to me, of messages of that nature.

Kind Regards,
Beehjae

@beehjae, totally agree with you and I did get a text message letting me know I was at 75%, 90% and 95% when I was close to my data limit.  Check to see if she was  getting those warning texts as well.

beehjae

Thanks @ShawnC13

It would have been great if users get notified with appropriate message, instead of just "taking it away".

I hope PM would seriously consider that.

Hi @imm1304,

Coincidentally, it's a couple of days away. I will ask her to wait and see if data comes back by the 16th.

I appreciate the quick community replies.

Kind Regards,
Beehjae

imm1304

Hey @beehjae,

I agree with @ShawnC13.  We have seen a lot of similar situations.  This means the 3GB data allowance has been used up.  You can check the mobile data usage history in her phone's settings to see if any app was using up excessive amount of data without your/her knowledge.  

If the renewal date is not coming up soon, you may have to buy a data add-on for the time being.  Good thing with the data add-on is that it will never expire until used in full.  Data add-on kicks in automatially when the data from your plan is used up and takes the backseat when your plan renews.  Its a nice back-up to have if her usage patterns are changing and she needs more data.  

Also, for $9 more, you can get double the data if she plans on using more data going forward.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@beehjae, this user has used up all of their alotted data.  When you reach your limit for some weird reason it is removed from your account to show that you don't have an addon rather than showing you it is all used up.

2 Options buy additional data addon or wait for plan renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.