cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data at all but calling and texting works

MarilynH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been on the 12GB per 4 months plan for about 6 months now.

I am not able to get any data connection at all with 2 different phones:  Nexus 4 or iphone4.

According to my account information I have used 0GB data over the past 3 months. 

I've tried everything to change the settings, but since my SIM won't work with 2 different phones I think the problem is with PM.

It is frustrating to have paid for data all these months and gotten no data service at all.

Can anyone help?

7 REPLIES 7

MarilynH

All my settings were correct as shown in the recommended settings list.

Playing around with the APN settings I see there is one in the phone that does not show up in the list:

"MVNO Type"

I set it to NONE and now it seems to get data!

Yay!  Let's hope this fixes it for good.  Maybe this should be added to the recommended settings list for people with Nexus phones.  Not sure if other phones have an MVNO box.

Thanks to all the good folks who offered advice!

@MarilynH wrote:

Now it is showing this.  Somehow 2GB were used a couple of days ago.  Our 90 day cycle ends in a few days:  

Add-on NameData Limit* (MB)Data Used** (MB)Remaining Data (MB)Status
12GB DataUnlimited2.518UnlimitedActive

The table actually shows 2.518 MB, which is pretty much nothing.   I'm not sure how you used essentially no data in that long of a period of time.  Phones usually connect to the internet without even telling you.

MarilynH

Now it is showing this.  Somehow 2GB were used a couple of days ago.  Our 90 day cycle ends in a few days:  

Add-on NameData Limit* (MB)Data Used** (MB)Remaining Data (MB)Status
12GB DataUnlimited2.518UnlimitedActive

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MarilynH where are you seeing 0 data usage in your self-serve account?  I agree with @ShawnC13 that the most likely explanation is you have exhausted your available 12GB of data and it is no longer showing.  If you sign into self-serve and look at the Overview page (the page you land on when signing in), do you see this in the My Add-ons section near the bottom of the page?

12GB Data
0.000  /  12288 MB

If so, then you really have used none (which seems HIGHLY unlikely).  If instead you don't don't see a line at all for the 12GB Data, then that means you have used it all and will either need to wait for your next renewal or purchase data add-on(s) to get through to your next renewal.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@MarilynH, you mean the 12gb per 3 months and is the addon showing up in your self serve?  Is it really possible that you have used no data for the last 3 months?  If it isn't showing up in your self serve then it is more likely that you have used up all of your data.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Since you tried 2 different phone its more like issues from service side I would send a msg to mod to look further in here's how you can contact mod
Contact mod dept they will help you with the process
In your private message to any moderator include whatever bits of the following info you have:
* PM account email address
* PM phone number
* Detailed explanation
* Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST)
Here is the link for how to contact moderators http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updiated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle
Check your APN settings.
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-Up-Data-On-Your-Phone/ta-p/26

Need Help? Let's chat.