cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Local Texting in Public Mobile?

ESPerez
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am a new Public Mobile customer. I selected a $120 90-day plan. I did not choose International texting because I don't send international text messages. But in texting, there were only 2 choices, international texting or none, so I chose none. It turns out I have no local texting, which is very difficult if not impossible to believe. But if it's true, how can I add local texting. 

Incidentally, I tried changing the plan to include international texting, and the website wanted to charge me another $120! Please explain what's up with that.

Thanks in advance for your assistance in this matter. 

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@computergeek541 all good 🙂

Honestly though, I think either term can easily be misinterpreted as being able to use *from* anywhere if someone doesn't read the fine print carefully enough. I'm not sure how to fix that though.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:
@computergeek541 they've actually called it "global" since last summer, so I'm not sure what you want them to do?

I just checked and you're right.  I must have been going based on memory of when I looked at it long ago.

srlawren
@computergeek541 they've actually called it "global" since last summer, so I'm not sure what you want them to do?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

(deleted to avoid confusion)

srlawren

@ESPerez did you contact a moderator for assistance?  If you're not sure how, please see the two links at the bottom of this reply for instructions. 

sportymi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes, contact a MOD to make any changes. Don't attemp on your own becuase it will charge you. Smiley Very Happy

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

As you've noticed, if you attempt to change your plan immediately to include the texting, it will charge you again.  This is by design, and not a fluke.  Public Mobile is a prepaid service.  As suggested, contacting the moderators is the best option, as they will be able to assist you in getting the txting option added.

For future, if you do wish to change a plan, you'll also see an option to "future date" the change to your renewal date.  This is handy if you know your usage will change, and allow you to plan ahead.

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The mods start in 1.25hr and can add txt for you. like SD said, it is free if you have data and voice in your package and they can add it on no problem.

The reason the no txt is an option is because some users do not txt or do not want their children txting all day. 

SD08

Yes, with PM's current offerings, there is only one texting option available: international, which includes Canada. On the plan you selected, it actually costs nothing extra. Try it on this page and you'll see your plan costs the same with or without texting. That being the case, I think the moderators would be able to help you adjust your plan to include this.  @Shazia_K

Best to send them a private message with your phone number. How to contact moderators:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Contacting-our-Community-Moderators/ta-...

Need Help? Let's chat.